Cinema 4D Resources

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_govinda_*

Guest_govinda_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:08 AM

Links to resources relating to Maxon's Cinema 4D.

#2 Guest_govinda_*

Guest_govinda_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:25 AM

FORUMS

CG Talk Cinema 4D Forum // Filled with experts, direct access to some of the app's programmers.
Postforum Cinema 4D Forum // An occasionally obnoxious forum, new user questions not very welcome.
Creative Cow C4D Forum // A sleepy, friendly place, but with good new-user access to experts (e.g., Björn Marl).
Renderosity Cinema 4D Forum // Some top mods here (Cartesius in particular). Held back by a sad obsession with Poser.
Core Arsenal Forum // Questions relating to tools by Cinema 4D's presiding genius, David Farmer (Darf), and cohorts, formerly Cidertank, formerly Bodhinut.
DiTools Forum // The place to ask about the mysterious DiTools suite by Remotion.
C4D Treff // The premier German-language forum, serious experts, Babelfish advised.
French Cinema 4D Forum // The premier French-language forum. A vital community--tons of models and textures.
NL Cinema 4D Forum // The Dutch Cinema 4D forum where I've caught Firemind lurking once or twice.
Maxon's Plugin Cafe Forum // Where to go if you're a plugin creator with questions about the SDK.
3D Attack // A new site focused on C4D.
C4D Cafe // Holy crap, another forum. I'll have to go there and figure out what's up.

#3 Guest_govinda_*

Guest_govinda_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:34 AM

PLUGINS

Sites for all:
C4D Plugs // The ugliest site you'll ever love.
Plugin Cafe // If it was usable, it'd be the only thing that needed to be on this page. Forget it, go to C4D Plugs.

Developers who charge money:
Core Arsenal // David Farmer and company, demi-gods all. Jenna and Core Particle Tools for now, Fecal Material coming (seriously, that's what they're calling it.)
Paul Everett // The prolific genius behind a hundred plugs, including Storm Tracer.
Greenworks // Makers of Xfrog, a brilliant suite of plugs, ostensibly for making plants, but really for making people's jaws drop.
Samir Kharchi // Prolific German developer.
Remotion // Creator of DiTools, which is like darf's Jenna, but with 63 different tools that do things nobody really understands...forget it. Just go to the Remotion forum and ask.
Per Anders Edwards aka mdme_sadie // Partner with Paul Edwards on Stom Tracer and other sets. A messy library filled with gems.
Renato Tarabella // The genius who gave Path Deformer to the world.
Shave and a Haircut // The famed Joe Alter hair-sim toolset for those suffering character baldness in need of digital Propecia.
Next Limit // Home of RealFlow, for those who've just inherited.

Developers who mostly don't charge money:
Fizz // Formerly $350, now free. Don't ask, just get it. It does particle collision a la Thinking Particles, without the hassle. Created by one of the programmers behind Thinking Particles and Sketch & Toon.
David O'Reilly's Axis Center // See above, no asking, just getting and learning. The single most vital free plug. (Note: this functionality is built into v9.) Same guy as 'Fizz.'
Arndt Von Koenigsmarck // Creator of Translucent Pro and other plugs, a friendly rocket scientist.
Entagma // Home of a lot of really useful little tricks.
Fabien Rosenkrantz // Creator of a lot of small, useful plugs.
Hiko Takayama's plugins // All useful stuff.
Astrofish // Spin Poly, a useful modelling plug. (Note: v9 has this functionality built in.)
Ben Johnson // Formerly a force, not active of late. His plugs still work, however.
Xlent Plugs // Mikael Sterner's plugs, including Helix and MSA (if Path Deformer, Jenna and DiTools aren't your style).
Motion Gimmick // Creators of 'Pleasantville' and 'Add-the-Sea' plugs.
Toshio Fuji // Japan's unsung genius, you could root here for days on end.
Cactus Dan // Tools straight outta Utah to ease the pain of character animation.

#4 Guest_govinda_*

Guest_govinda_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2005 - 04:17 AM

Tutorial for combining XFrog with DiTools, created by Walli of XFrog. Shows the very useful 'DiPainter Tag' in action. DiTools is largely undocumented; this is one of the few chances to see it in action.

#5 Guest_govinda_*

Guest_govinda_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2005 - 04:38 AM

THINKING PARTICLES RESOURCES

Thinking Particles is a ton of fun. I don't have any comparable experience with other particle systems, but from what I've read, out of the box, it's right up there with the best. The only problems are that you have to know some XPresso, and there are really few resources for learning it. Here are two sources for example files to take apart. About an hour on these babies and you'll be throwing down pBlurp nodes like a champ.

Bjorn Marl's Site // Bjorn, aka Srek, is the coordinator for Maxon's beta testing--a real expert. His site's not pretty, but it's filled with examples, and Bjorn knows his stuff.

Tim Clapham's Site // Tim, owner of Brighton's Hypa design group, is a motion graphics guy so you get his trademark orange fresnel texture as a freebie. Great example of 'follow me' particle interactions.

FusionCIS // This is apparently the site of C4D user 'skram.' He has a lot of very worthy Thinking Particle Xgroups for download.

#6 Guest_Beaver_*

Guest_Beaver_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:19 PM

FREE MODELS

My own free C4D models:
http://www.alanhetti....com/models.php

Edited by Angry Beaver, 17 August 2005 - 05:20 PM.

#7 Guest_paccollective_*

Guest_paccollective_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2005 - 12:02 AM

fantastic & useful plugins posted by Govinda here

#8 Guest_boywonder_*

Guest_boywonder_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:46 PM

Here's a shader library that I had found on one of the Cinema4D sites:

http://www.maxon.net.../shadr_inx.html

Also here is a place that offers more shader downloads for those which were already created for the goodies cd:

http://www.noctua-gr...sh/fraset_e.htm

#9 Guest_Sao_Bento_*

Guest_Sao_Bento_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:55 PM

3DAttack.net now offers Jenna for FREE, as well as their "Replica" plug-in.
For money you can get some other nice stuff like Zblur, LSD, OLX, and Lumen.

check it
http://www.3dattack.net

#10 Guest_tcastudios_*

Guest_tcastudios_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:19 AM

Thanks to AG, over at C4D-Treff.de, we can have snappy updating of animated textures in the editor view. Please visit his AG-Zone for more goodies!

The only thing I've done is to "de-germanize" his TextureChanger COFFEE expression.

RTE (RealTimeEditor) comes in two versions. One called RTE-R8, that should work with all versions of Cinema R6 and up. With RTE-R8 you have to type the info needed directly in the COFFEE code. To open the COFFEE editor double click the COFFEE Tag and see the info.

The other is RTE and is using UserData Fields instead and have more channels avaible.
It can only be used with Cinema R9.1 to R9.5

This is not a one click Plugin, but the best solution that I know of so far.
Please read the README files and the info in the COFFEE Editor "how to".

In short you need to prepare your animated texture as a Picture Serie. (Pict001, Pict002 etc) Then type some info into the Expression. You'll soon get the hang of it and it's worth it!

You'll find the RTE files here (Item 028)

And again, cudos to AG!

Cheers
Lennart

#11 Guest_tcastudios_*

Guest_tcastudios_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2006 - 03:18 AM

Hi.
In current work I need to time animated textures to object animations. Thus I added
a Scrub option into RTEv2. See the short example movie 3MB QT.

Go here > xfiles > item015.

Needs Cinema R9.1 to 9.5

Enjoy!

Cheers
Lennart

#12 Guest_juanje_*

Guest_juanje_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:34 PM

FusionCIS // This is apparently the site of C4D user 'skram.' He has a lot of very worthy Thinking Particle Xgroups for download

This site is off actually. can anyone share his stuff? :rolleyes:

#13 Guest_Krakken_*

Guest_Krakken_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2006 - 05:26 AM

http://www.cineversity.com/

New online training site sponsored by Cinema 4D.

#14 Guest_Sao_Bento_*

Guest_Sao_Bento_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2006 - 05:47 AM

http://www.cineversity.com/

New online training site sponsored by Cinema 4D.

If this is the same one they've been talking about on CGTalk it will cost $295 for the first year and $90 a year after that.

#15 Guest_Srek_*

Guest_Srek_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:51 AM

I'm missing the Maxon download page here
http://www.maxon.de/...d/shader_e.html
The latest addition is a new set of TP Presets with html documentation and examples.

Cheers
Björn

#16 Guest_TimC_*

Guest_TimC_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:44 AM

I've just added three new downloads to my site. You can get them here

One shows the use of the Sort mode in cloner. Using this combined with effectors, you can switch between the object that is used to clone.
The next shows the Matrix object combined with Thinking Particles. By animating the Constrain parameter in the matrix object, you can control the clones by MoGraph or TP, plus blend between them. This scene also allows you to bake your thinking particles. Just bake the Matrix object. You can then disable the effectors and the Xpresso.
The final scene is a simple example of using the random effector, combined with falloff, to affect colour as well as PSR.

Hope they are useful.

cheers
Tim

#17 Guest_the_Monkey_*

Guest_the_Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:13 PM

Nice examples Tim.
Thanks for sharing as usual.

I noticed in your matrix TP example that a single particle drops through the plane. I'm not sure I completely understand the difference between the Follow and Constrain parameters in the Matrix, but if you copy your Constrain animation track into the Follow track (so that they animate identically), your Deflector node works appropriately. In this particular example a single particle isn't a big deal, but once you start "bending" things it starts to compound.

I've re-read those two paragraphs in the manual explaining the difference between Follow/Constrain about 50 times. It's still fuzzy for me.

-m

#18 Guest_Self_90_*

Guest_Self_90_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:28 PM

Thanks for all those nice Examples Tim C, it's helping me sell C4d to the shop here :P

#19 Guest_TimC_*

Guest_TimC_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:50 PM

Nice examples Tim.
Thanks for sharing as usual.

I noticed in your matrix TP example that a single particle drops through the plane. I'm not sure I completely understand the difference between the Follow and Constrain parameters in the Matrix, but if you copy your Constrain animation track into the Follow track (so that they animate identically), your Deflector node works appropriately. In this particular example a single particle isn't a big deal, but once you start "bending" things it starts to compound.

I've re-read those two paragraphs in the manual explaining the difference between Follow/Constrain about 50 times. It's still fuzzy for me.

-m

You know I'm not actually 100% sure of the answer here.... If you watch this movie you can see the differences.

I have particle priority after effectors.
First follow and constrain are at 100%, so the TP Spherical gravity does nothing, the particles are affected by the random effector only.
Then switch of the random effector and move constrain to 0%, the particles are now controlled by the TP Gravity only.
Now switch on the random effector, the particles are moved by both TP and the random effector (particle priority is after effectors)
Lastly move follow to 0%, now the random effector places the particles initial position but has no more affect on them, they are controlled by the TP Gravity only - but randomly offset to start.

Of course you can animate these parameters to get some smooth blends between the different controllers.

Hope that helps.

cheers
Tim

#20 Guest_tcastudios_*

Guest_tcastudios_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:20 PM

Curtesy of PerAnders Edwards at CGTalk.
A xpresso/coffee setup to export Nulls as 3D Data when using MoGraph Cloners.
It solves the problem not getting the actual position of clones modified by Effectors.

http://forums.cgsoci...ad.php?t=376643

post #22.

Cheers
Lennart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users