• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 The Folklore

The Folklore

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:58 PM

Hey guys.
Im brand spankin new to the forum, and so I thought I start with a free resource. Its a walk cycle, and there seems to be few resources on them online, or I just couldn't find any.

You can go over to my blog post here to view it, download it and see further details.
Thanks

#2 dotcommer

dotcommer

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 394 posts
  • Interests: Compositing
    Motion Graphics

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:05 PM

From folkloredesign.com/
...It was made in CS5, and for whatever reason AE isnt backwards compatible, so I apologize to anyone who uses older versions.

Once again, another notch on the "wtf adobe?" tally. Illustrator is backwards compatible. Photoshop is backwards compatible. Practically everything in the entire suite of every CS version is backwards compatible.... except after effects.
/rant

Anyway, thanks for the resource, and welcome to the forum. I'll try out your rig and give you some feedback on it in a bit.

#3 The Folklore

The Folklore

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

Once again, another notch on the "wtf adobe?" tally. Illustrator is backwards compatible. Photoshop is backwards compatible. Practically everything in the entire suite of every CS version is backwards compatible.... except after effects.
/rant

Anyway, thanks for the resource, and welcome to the forum. I'll try out your rig and give you some feedback on it in a bit.

Haha I know it! I really dont understand why AE isn't backwards compatible. This is 2011, get it together. Anyways thanks for checking it out!

#4 Biederbeck

Biederbeck

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:58 AM

Haha I know it! I really dont understand why AE isn't backwards compatible. This is 2011, get it together. Anyways thanks for checking it out!

lol tyssul, I clicked on this not even reading who posted.

#5 The Folklore

The Folklore

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

lol tyssul, I clicked on this not even reading who posted.

Haha. Its my first ever MoGraph post!

#6 Tracy Peterson

Tracy Peterson

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

I'm pretty sure that in the upgrade to 64 bit we lost some functionality that was 32 bit, that was updated or replaced. You can remake your animations using those new features :) I know, not a great option, but 64 bit, man.

#7 shabello

shabello

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:31 AM

The folklore.... hmmm name sounds familiar... 8D
Will check this out!

#8 thekinginyellow

thekinginyellow

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:16 PM

photoshop is still pretty much backwards compatible without having to set versions when you save. illustrator will by default save as the latest version. after effects and premiere are both NOT backwards compatible. i had a client come in with a premiere project in cs3. i made a few edits and then he could no longer afford our bill so he went to someone else who started editing with cs4. he then wanted to come back to our place to edit but couldn't understand why we couldn't work on it anymore. we totally dodged that bullet cause the guy was very difficult to work with.

why am i rambling?

for a walk cycle (if i ever need one) i will reference muybridge. never really went in for those automated setups although the c4d13 walk cycle looks pretty sweet.

#9 8bitfactory

8bitfactory

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

Had look - seems pretty nice, you've almost nailed it - the only major criticism I would have is the head stays perfectly still and moves along a horizontal line, this makes the back look rigid and uncomfortable - like a he's walking trying to keep books balanced on his head.

It should really follow an elongated sine wave style curve, check out the slide on the front page of my site (with the c4d maquette) to see what I mean. If your still unsure let me know ill knock an example up and post it here.

www.8bitfactory.co.uk
David Eglinton - 8Bitfactory

Motion Design // Illustration // 3D Modelling

Web - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users