4 replies to this topic

#1 mintyfresh

mintyfresh

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

for all your freelancers, but also desk jockeys as well
maybe wasting time is part of being creative, but with all the non productive distractions and 'tainment to consume in a beta-state how do you guys structure your time, goals, and minds to do what you want to do? meditation, not caring too much between jobs, sketching (probably), tutorials (not too much?) - how do you avoid the beta state and keep productive?

#2 AromaKat

AromaKat

Mrowwr!

• Members
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:55 PM

I went through a spell last year where I enabled strict internet parent control on myself while working so I could only use my email client and streaming music.

This book is great for tips on how to structure your current work / life patterns in a way that works for you:

Getting Things Done

Edited by AromaKat, 08 April 2011 - 08:57 PM.

"Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and advertise."
- Ted Turner

#3 silatix

silatix

Eats, sleeps, drinks MoGraph

• Members
  • 1,512 posts
  • Interests:mographary

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

Set goals, get enough sleep, don't break the rhythm
it's like theres a party in my mouth, and everyone's vomiting

#4 anothername

anothername

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

I treat my work day the same as if I had a boss. Whenever I think about checking stuff on the internet, or procrastinating. I just think would I rather have this 15 minutes now or get through more work so I can finish earlier and spend more time with my friends etc, when you think about it that way makes it pretty easy to stay disciplined.

Edited by anothername, 09 April 2011 - 04:26 PM.

#5 robmonstro

robmonstro

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:44 PM

Set goals, get enough sleep, don't break the rhythm

I follow a similar pattern. On setting goals, I tend to keep a list (sometimes stickies, sometimes in a moleskine, on my iphone, etc) - I love crossing stuff off of my list (I also keep a physical calendar near my workspace that I 'x' out every day that I get shit done, been motivational for me).

Also, I'd like to add that once in a while, I do purposely break the rhythm. Sometimes, after I've been steady at it, a day or two "off" (I'm not sure if I ever fully drop everything) really helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users