• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xhis dudenessx

xhis dudenessx

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:26 PM

Hello Everyone,

Since Python was implemented in R12 Iíve been working on an Auto-Rigging system. It was mostly done as a training exercise to learn various things in Py4D. Itís taught me A-LOT about python, now Iíve decided to share it with the community both as a tool for those who need a rig quickly, and as a learning device for people interested in Python, since Iím going to leave the code open for you to explore.

Itís released sort of as is. If you find glaring issues with them, Iíll try to fix it, but itís meant to be as is because I am running low on time to devote to it. Known Issue: Does not properly Undo, due to limitations of the API and it's handling of CallButton's and such.

So please enjoy and consider donating for the time spent working on the scripts and leaving it open for you and others to learn from.

The scripts and donation button can be found on the right side of my homepage: www.bretbays.com .

A Video demonstration can be found at http://www.bretbays.com/b3Auto-Rig.mov

Using an Adjustment Rig you put the joints to their appropriate places on your mesh like so:
Posted Image

Once the Adjustment Rig is finished it's a simple 1 click to generate the complete rig including both sets of limbs.
Posted Image

Cheers,
Bret

#2 firemind

firemind

Founder

• Admin
  • 403 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

Awesome going, Bret! This was one thing C4D definitely lacked!
twitter.com/motion_designer

#3 lethal_dose

lethal_dose

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

Great work for sure Bret. Simple and effective.
I will be making use of this for sure, plus I will click on that donate button to reward all the hard work you put in to make my animation life easier.
P.S. Can you direct us on mograph as to where we can get more pyton scripts such as yours that are in development.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users