We are currently looking for a Modeling Artist.
- Performing 3D Modelling for feature films, using a wide range of reference material
- work very closely with the texture painters, shader writers, look development artists and the riggers to generate organic or rigid object models that are suitable for feature film work
- work closely with the riggers to produce models that meet their work flow requirements, and with texture painters to determine the optimal UV layout for a model
- Working closely with CG Supervisors to determine best approach to solve 3D challenges and develop final look
- Strong spatial awareness and a good sense of form, scale and proportion.
- A very keen eye for detail.
- A full working knowledge of modeling in Maya is required.
- Ability to work with Z-brush is an advantage.
- Polygon and sub-division surface modeling. Knowledge of NURBS modeling is an advantage.
- Ability to deliver a "clean" model with tidy polygon/sub-d placement and good basic UV layout for texturing
- A good knowledge of Linux would be an advantage. Familiarity with Windows useful but not essential.
- Knowledge of when to model detail or have the detail added through the shading, by liaising with the shader writers and look development artists
- Knowledge of Houdini would be an advantage
- At least 1 years experience Modeling for feature films.
Please send your demo reel on DVD with shot breakdown, cover letter and resume to:
Mr. X Inc.
35 McCaul Street, Suite 100
Or email materials to email@example.com. Demo materials will not be returned. No phone calls please.
Edited by Mr. X Inc., 27 September 2011 - 04:12 PM.