- At least 10 years in either a CG Supervisor or Lead CG Artist/Lead TD role in feature films.
- Programming experience in C++, python, and MEL required.
- Masters in Computer Animation required.
- Extensive knowledge in Maya is essential and a proven generalist background in Layout/Matchmoving, Modeling, Texturing, Shading, Lighting and FX is required.
- Experience using Mayaman, Renderman or PRman rendering pipelines is a preferred.
- Strong and clear communication and management skills – both written and verbal.
- A proven sense of both artistic and technical abilities
- Creative and technical direction of all CG asset and element creation
- Work closely with Layout department to ensure scene scale and setup is correct before distribution to pipeline
- Work closely with Compositing supervisor to setup specific element requirements for any given project
- Assign tasks and monitor CG artist progress
- Assist pipeline and systems departments to test and implement new tools and develop new methodologies
- Attend and participate in production meetings from time to time
- Assist the VFX Producer and/or Production Managers to determine CG resource requirements.
plus company paid benefits to include Group Insurance Benefits which include, Medical, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance and Group Insurance Benefits; two weeks vacation and paid sick days
This is a full time position to commence October 10, 2011.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume with a link to your online website to:
If you are submitting by mail, please send info and DVD to:
Spin VFX Toronto
620 King Street West
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Demo reels must include a shot breakdown that indicates exactly what aspects of the shot were your responsibility.
Due to the number of anticipated responses, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
No phone calls or drop-ins please.