• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tjer

tjer

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

Hello,

I am working on a project and I have to come up with a solution for the following animation. A object is falling down, rotating etc... during the animation the object leaves a "fairy dust" trail behind that at the will come together and makes a little spin.

Before I dive into TP I would like to know if this is even possible to do...?

I've copied a link of a image that will explain it better, i hope... (couldn't attach a image, don't know why)

http://dl.dropbox.co...2663/Sketch.jpg

I hope some of you can help me??

Cheers

Thierry

#2 beau+++

beau+++

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

Definitely possible using TP. The only hard part is going to be that curl at the end. I think the easiest way will probably be to have the particles follow a curled spline. Could use Spline Dynamics to add some turbulence to spline maybe?

Another option is to have a small invisible sphere following in the middle of the curl, and stick some Gravity on it to "attract" the particles so the particles kind of shoot past it then get caught in the gravity and loosely orbit around the invisible sphere before dying?
"Don't be a drone or a robot. Don't treat this like a McJob. Be a personal chef. Be a landscaper, custom tailor, architect. Be a designer, for fuck's sake." - Binky

#3 c1p0

c1p0

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:There's a node for that.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

You can do this with MoGraph as well. Use a matrix object on the object you want to create particles from, set it to Thinking Particles, assign a group, make it After Effectors. Then use effectors. For the child particles you need a simple xpresso setup:

mograph data node - output position to the position input from a pstorm node - and then assigng the pstorm node to a pGroup.

Then Use a Matrix object again, set it to Object mode, assign the Particle Group to the Object field, set it to create Thinking Particles, assign a group, and make effectors on the matrix object, or use PDynamics nodes to the particle Group.

Hope this helps!

c1p0

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users