• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 swaino

swaino

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:35 AM

I've been trying to migrate to Lion and everything seems OK for the most part. I like it on my home computer, but there's some strange stuff going on that keeps me from being excited to use it for work.

Although I've never had a problem with this, I can't figure out how to get AE to override the system F-Keys. I have "Use System Shortcut Keys" unchecked in General Preferences. I've tried a bunch of stuff in Keyboard Preferences within System Preferences but I can't seem to get anything to work. F4 takes me to Dashboard, rather than toggling between Switches and Modes. F9 advances iTunes to the next track, rather than Easy Easing my keyframes. Stuff like that.

Anyone Else had this problem? Is there a simple fix?

Also, I've noticed some blending mode oddness. Specifically with Multiply. If you're running CS5.5 on Lion, drop an image over another image in an AE timeline. Change the top layer's blending mode to Multiply. Add a Levels effect to that same top layer and start blowing out the whites. The only thing that should happen is that your Multiplied grays/midtones should disappear. On my machine, it starts to brighten the underlying image too...kind of like the Add blending mode. This should absolutely not happen and I can't figure out why it is.

So, if any of this sounds familiar and you know what's up, please let me know. I'm about to simply go back to Snow Leopard...but I know I can't stay there forever. So I need to figure this stuff out.

Thanks!
Dave Swain
www.daveswain.tv

#2 swaino

swaino

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

Bump.

Is anyone successfully running AE 10.5 (CS5.5) on a Mac (Lion installed) with the ability to use the default F key shortcuts for AE? They've worked for the 11 or so years I've been using AE. Suddenly (after updating to Lion) F4 won't toggle between Switches and Modes, F9 won't Easy Ease, etc.

Anyone? Please?
Dave Swain
www.daveswain.tv

#3 swaino

swaino

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

Never mind. It was a checkbox in System Preferences > Keyboard (Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys). I'm sure I've clicked this a hundred times and just forgot this time around. I don't mind feeling like an amateur...as long as everything is working.
Dave Swain
www.daveswain.tv

#4 KushDesign

KushDesign

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

99 cents in the Mac app store gets you a nifty little app that switches the F keys back and forth. You can even customize it based on which program you're in. Not a necessity, but very handy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users