Photo

Sopro reel 2011 (and a long delayed hello)

reel motion brazil brazillian studio

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rafael Longo

Rafael Longo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Motion graphics (obviously), design in general, VFX, cinema.

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

Hi there!

I've been around mograph a long time by now (maybe 4 years?), but never managed to post anything (shame on me). But I can say that, strangely, it is like I've already met some of you. Maybe not that strange, since I've extended many nights way beyond I should trying to catch up old discussions (and even some funny yet pointless flame wars).

Therefore, knowing you like I feel I know, I couldn't help get anxious to know how some of you would judge the work of my studio. We've recently put together a website and a 2011 reel and the links are listed below. Please give me your opinion/suggestion, even if it is along with a "Sao_Bento style" irony! :)

Website
www.sopro.tv
Blog (always trying to post interesting design-related stuff)
blog.sopro.tv

REEL 2011
(direct link to vimeo)
http://vimeo.com/35764946

And now I SWEAR I'll try to be an active member here.

See ya!

Edited by Rafael Longo, 29 January 2012 - 09:47 PM.

---
Rafael Longo

please check out my small studio: sopro.tv

#2 Rafael Longo

Rafael Longo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hey guys!

229 views and not a single comment? Come on! Help us! If you can spare some time, please point what we could be doing better.

Thanks a lot!
---
Rafael Longo

#3 oeuf

oeuf

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Good stuff, overall nice reel, upbeat music. I felt some parts in the edit were a little too fast, like you were editing to the music, so you cut away/into another shot. Some things I just wanted to see more of. Also looks like you have some 'filler' type work in there too (the 'B' being formed by the little balls, the red triangle part, and a few others). Still though, good work.

#4 Rafael Longo

Rafael Longo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

Thanks, oeuf!

You're right about the letters - they are from a self-motivated (yet abandoned) project just for practice. Then, yes, they can be called 'filler'! ;)
But all the rest are from commercial projects. Just for the sake of curiosity, the red triangle is the flag of my state (Minas Gerais, Brazil) - the animation comes from a piece for the state gov't.

Watching again, I agree: there are parts that are too fast. I was so afraid of doing a boring reel that I guess I went too far!

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
---
Rafael Longo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reel, motion, brazil, brazillian, studio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users