Quark Xpress 9

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sao_Bento

Sao_Bento

Sermonizes Mograph to the Masses

• Admin
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:At this point, pretty much nothing.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:50 AM

ZOMG! Today's the last day to upgrade to Quark Xpress 9. What the fuck is Quark Xpress, you say? It belongs on your bookshelf, right next to Strata Studio or ElectricImage Animation System. The box looks great sitting on top of a video toaster as well.
http://content.quark...QXP9OPP_US.html

As the warrior-poet Ice Cube once said "If the day does not require an AK, it is good"

#2 firemind

firemind

Founder

• Admin
  • 405 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

*shudders*. Ah, I was a young lad of 19 interning at a graphic design company. I knew Photoshop and Illustrator and kind of assumed people used Pagemaker (this was way before Indesign, kids). A full year I had to work with Quark Xpress, oh the horror. I'd like to think the utter suckiness of Quark xpress motivated me to focus on webdesign instead, which eventually led me to mograph. So I guess I need to thank Quark for making me exit the print world :)
twitter.com/motion_designer

#3 Aaron Scott

Aaron Scott

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on CorelDRAW and some clip-art CDs?

#4 Sao_Bento

Sao_Bento

Sermonizes Mograph to the Masses

• Admin
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:At this point, pretty much nothing.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on CorelDRAW and some clip-art CDs?

When I used to work at a big newspaper, we had one advertising client who insisted on making his own ads (for his mattress store). Every week he would send Corel Draw files and every week we would have to explain why we couldn't use his Corel Draw files. When people running Sun workstations with 4 bit color and XWindows and things like Scitex Composer tell you that you're using a weird file format, you can believe it.

As the warrior-poet Ice Cube once said "If the day does not require an AK, it is good"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users