Photo

Music Video Made Using VJ Software combined with After Effects

vdmx syphon vj after effects melbourne australia congo tardis music video animation skynoise.net

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jean poole

jean poole

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:video, motion gfx, VJing, live audiovisual performance, projection mapping, animation, DSLR production, theatre, video within event productions.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

Posted Image
Long-time lurker here... I use both motion graphics and VJ software, but until now have been mostly participating within various VJ forums, and figure that it's a good time to change.

After just finishing a micro-budget music video, I've posted over at skynoise.net a small piece about using VDMX, Syphon + After Effects together. VDMX is powerful real-time video software you can use with midi knobs and sliders of a midi controller, and Syphon is a newish protocol for easily sending video between applications ( eg to Syphon recorder for real-time HD recording ). This can be really great for customising some material for use within the likes of After Effects.

It's not bleeding edge or anything, but I'm increasingly happy about the state of video capabilities these days.

If the post resonates in any way, I'd be curious to hear about it..

( Or direct link to vimeo clip, if you want to leave a comment there.... any feedback about the animation itself very welcomed / craved.. as the post explains, it had to be done in a short time, with some wonky green screen footage... )

#2 zummbie

zummbie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

Catchy tune, although by now your probably done hearing about limes and coconuts lol I'd love to hear more about VDMX & Syphon, personally I've always Resolme Avenue and wondered if you had any experience with it to make a comparison.

#3 jean poole

jean poole

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:video, motion gfx, VJing, live audiovisual performance, projection mapping, animation, DSLR production, theatre, video within event productions.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hi Zummbie -
thanks for the note -
more congo tardis tunes here if you like that... the longer mix is fun....

I've used Resolume ( review ) as well as VDMX, and they've both got their merits...

You can use Syphon with Resolume as well - eg - this tutorial about how to connect Resolume with Madmapper, using Syphon as the bridge between applications...
Which means you could use Resolume to do a bunch of triggering and manipulating of clips, while recording it with the Syphon recorder in HD...

VDMX has a bit more of a learning curve, but the modular set-up it has, allows a greater range of pixel possibilities...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vdmx, syphon, vj, after effects, melbourne, australia, congo tardis, music video, animation, skynoise.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users