#3 Binky

Binky

Wise Sage of mograph

• Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

Applicants: 31 (avg $101.15)
Fffffffffff

Really? You're a head chef worried about the jobs that short-order cooks are scrambling for?
The sewers of any industry are always gonna be dirty places. It's kind of inconsequential, unless you plan on clambering down into that muck for some dumb reason, in which case, we need to talk. :)

(Is this legitimate concern? I can't really see anyone here doing that kind of work OR working for that kind of pay. Do I have a really skewed perception of what's going on out there?)

#4 Aaron Scott

Aaron Scott

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

Fair enough.

I think my concern is just that stuff like this seems to be on the rise, which kind of makes me feel devalued. But you're right, I really shouldn't feel that way.

#5 vozzz

vozzz

Eats, sleeps, drinks MoGraph

• Members
  • 1,803 posts
  • Interests:In Budapest Hungary

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

yeah, i agree with Binky. What's the problem? Its a shitty job, with shitty pay.

I think there are slide show making programs that could do the whole job in a matter of minutes. In which case $100 could be ok...

-Aleksey

------------------

Ace5 studios
http://ace5studios.com <-portfolio

http://ace5education.com <-tutorials/blog/facebook page

http://plus.google.c...lekseyVoz/posts <- google+ page

#6 iline

iline

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

Fuck it. Just buy the templates off VideoHive and resell them at a markup of 400%. That'll teach 'em. I rescind that - it'll teach 'em nothing at all.

#7 destro

destro

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

"Looking for an artist"......"we have thousands of these" :ph34r:

#8 edrhine

edrhine

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:motion, mountain biking, skiing, home brew, traveling and saracasm

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

eh... unless your a hobbyist out there working for that low a rate then who cares if people work for low rates. I cant see this really devaluing the price of someone with good skills and solid product. It does give me an idea for a company of 300 ten year old kids making these videos in imovie and bringing in some cash.... off to post some jobs..... muhahahahaha
"It ain't about the dollar or trying to go fast. Unless you take pride in what you're doing, it won't last. Craftsmanship is a quality that some lack. You got to give people a reason for them to come back." ---- Buck 65

FREED

#9 s.edwards2

s.edwards2

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:All things motion graphics, snowboarding, surfing, xbox

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

ah man my first job straight out of uni was doing this exact type of work, I thought 'at least I'm using After Effects'. I lasted 3 months doing about 15 a day on minimum wage....those were the dark days, glad I saw the light eventually!

#10 xllr8

xllr8

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

I am curious though. So many of those posts mention: true experts, rock stars, really experienced, etc, as a preface to "then it should only take( insert some unreasonable amount of time)".

Anyone have a theory about this, as in :is it a recent phenomenon or age old bs boss/sales talk.

#11 Binky

Binky

Wise Sage of mograph

• Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

I am curious though. So many of those posts mention: true experts, rock stars, really experienced, etc, as a preface to "then it should only take( insert some unreasonable amount of time)". Anyone have a theory about this, as in :is it a recent phenomenon or age old bs boss/sales talk.

It's kind of all relative. A "rock star expert" in this sector of the industry is probably what you'd expect: someone slightly better than a beginner or hack. I mean, the people who are posting these jobs aren't looking for a team from Prologue. They wouldn't have the slightest inclination of what to do with Dvein, Polynoid or any other set of skilled artists. Their expectations for the end product, and the production timeline accompanying it, are in a wholly different category than the stuff we're (hopefully) more involved with. That said, these clients still want the most for their money, as everyone does. So of course the language is "I want the best thing ever for as close to free as possible, and I want it ASAP." And they'll probably get what you'd expect they would. Clearly, there won't be any respected professionals clawing down their door. It's a different marketplace altogether.

#12 xllr8

xllr8

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

point taken. thanks for the deep insight, as always. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users