music video hot dog lady direct los angeles friends still were street meat

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The Crabster

The Crabster

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:I make things look pretty...

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Hey guys! Long time since I have been around these parts. I just finished post on my newest project called Hot Dog Lady. It is a music video/sketch comedy for a trio called We're Still Friends. These guys are simply hilarious. All comments are welcome, I can take it...

I hope you enjoy it! Although it is like on mograph, it was a challenge because directing is a whole new ballgame. Please LIKE, SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT if you can...

Chris Abbey
crabbey.com

#2 silatix

silatix

Eats, sleeps, drinks MoGraph

• Members
  • 1,512 posts
  • Interests:mographary

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

Congrats on making the director leap! I'd say you did your part well. As far as the comedy goes.. It seemed a little LA-centric as I haven't seen a lot of hot dog stands like that outside of LA. Also, while I like good dose of irony.. I wish it was pushed further. The hot dog lady could've been more homely (as they usually are) and the guys could've been a bit less hip looking/pushed the idea that the rap wasn't expected/unwanted by the guy with the dead brother. Of course, comedy is subjective and this is just my opinion ;)
it's like theres a party in my mouth, and everyone's vomiting

#3 The Crabster

The Crabster

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Yeah I am with you on the LA Centric thing... We weren't sure how far the joke would travel outside of LA.

As far as pushing it, I had scripted so much more, but we got booted from one of the locations 2 hours early. Owner was a bit caught off guard by the amount of production happening. So we had to cut some stuff short... Bummer but part of life...

Thanks for th efeedback man. As always, I appreciate it. This is a new craft to me and even though some ideas translate very easily, others are a whole new lesson. I feel like it is 8 years and I just signed up to mograph. LOL.
Christopher Abbey
/////////////////////////////////////////
"I am not on 'roids!."
"That's hilarious!"

crabbey.com
Facebook

#4 AromaKat

AromaKat

Mrowwr!

• Members
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

Just checked out your site for the first time since 2-3 years ago and its good to see you still kicking ass!

Nice to see you back

"Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and advertise."
- Ted Turner

#5 mintyfresh

mintyfresh

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

loved it. the intro bit alone was genius. i think it worked great, was hella funny, had some variety between verses. and yourself and the musicians came out looking good

nicely done

#6 The Crabster

The Crabster

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

Thanks everyone! Glad to be back... Didn't know anything was still happening over here. LOL.

If anyone is a blogger or knows a blogger, please see if they will post the video up. We have had a great first day (26,000 views) and want to keep the momentum rolling. Thanks if you can help.
Christopher Abbey
"I am not on 'roids!."
"That's hilarious!"

crabbey.com
Facebook

#7 AromaKat

AromaKat

Mrowwr!

• Members
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

Nice to see you back here. Just checked out your site and its good to see your still kicking ass and taking names

"Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and advertise."
- Ted Turner

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music video, hot dog, lady, direct, los angeles, friends, still, were, street, meat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users