6 replies to this topic

#1 xllr8

xllr8

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

http://www.computera...nab-2012-123084

I'm excited; I wonder how powerful/accurate/usable it'll be.

#2 ChrisC

ChrisC

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Yup, interesting stuff. I like Syntheyes, it always gets the job done - but the interface is a drag, and the workflow too; so if AE gets the job done as well (big if) and the camera is usable in Cinema, then I'm in.

#3 Beaver

Beaver

Mograph Deity

• 1,108 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

This is cool. Anything that reduces the number of plug-ins/software I have to buy is cool. Hope it works well!

#4 Mylenium

Mylenium

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,455 posts
  • Interests:cycling, music, Sci-Fi

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

so if AE gets the job done as well (big if) and the camera is usable in Cinema, then I'm in.

It might, it might not. The limitations are the same as with The Foundry's 3D tracker or other such tools - it's an uncalibrated track and AE thinks in pixels, so whatever may come out when exporting may not align in any sensible way, be upside down and at the most nonsense scale you can imagine. It's not gonna replace SynthEyes or otehrs, it may just make you use them a little less often.

Mylenium
[Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]
----------------------------------------------
www.myleniumblog.com

#5 Sao_Bento

Sao_Bento

Sermonizes Mograph to the Masses

• Admin
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:At this point, pretty much nothing.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

That's for sure. It's not about the cost, but the pain in the ass that comes with managing the updates, future and backwards compatibility, etc. (Adobe - please note that this is not a suggestion that you integrate a plug-in store within AE).

This is cool. Anything that reduces the number of plug-ins/software I have to buy is cool. Hope it works well!

As the warrior-poet Ice Cube once said "If the day does not require an AK, it is good"

#6 Aaron Scott

Aaron Scott

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

After how well the Warp Stabilizer turned out (and the fact that the Roto Brush actually works really well), I have pretty high hopes for this.

#7 kitkats

kitkats

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

For some jobs it'll probably be just the ticket, a real time-and-headache-saver. For others you probably wouldn't trust it, and there's no reason why you can't make that decision on a shot-by-shot basis. I reckon it's a good thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users