Photo

Barbecue Design Showreel 2011

showreel automotive lexus motion graphics matchmoving visual effects vfx trapcode particular

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rook

Rook

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

Thank you very much for watching!

Greetings from Frankfurt,

#2 Binky

Binky

Wise Sage of mograph

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Greetings from LA.
Well, that rocked my socks.
Because you're featuring several of your projects quite prominently, your reel conveys the idea that much of your work is car spots in that blue & white world, but I kind of don't care. The reel is a journey, and an epic one. The work looks good, shots are paired well, and the pacing is really thoughtful. You could probably swap a few more of the non-automotive stuff nearer to the end of the montage, but I wouldn't want to recommend playing with the edit too much because it's already pretty great.

There are a few moments where the edits seem just a frame or two off from the audio, but I can't tell if that's intentional or not. And the streaming from your site is real choppy, but that may be that it's coming from another part of the planet. Honestly, this is a forum for critique and discussion, but I'd be hard pressed to mention anything that would improve on what you have.

Congrats. Beautiful stuff.

#3 vozzz

vozzz

Eats, sleeps, drinks MoGraph

• Members
  • 1,723 posts
  • Interests:In Budapest Hungary

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

I agree with Binky, this is fukin awesome stuff!

im guessing you changed the link to vimeo before he posted. (works great for me)

only thing that caught my eye is the text animation. Something about it seems off compared to the rest of the reel. ( the word "explore"), just something tacky about its animation. Maybe not enough anticipation? I dunno.

But otherwise, absolutely great. I also love the Journey through the real. Sitting taking notes at the moment, on what makes this illusion =)

-Aleksey

------------------

Ace5 studios
http://ace5studios.com <-portfolio

http://ace5education.com <-tutorials/blog/facebook page

http://plus.google.c...lekseyVoz/posts <- google+ page

#4 (AP)

(AP)

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Awesome reel! I agree with Vozzz's comment about the type piece that's spread throughout. It doesn't show the design-sophistication or technical proficiency of the other work. Other than that I really dig everything, especially that Toyota piece around the 40second mark.

#5 Cosmo Ray

Cosmo Ray

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

Really wonderful work. Definitely watched this one through a couple of times. I also agree with what's been said here. Really the most jarring moment for me was 1:29. I was in a bit of a trance until then, but that shot was long and dissonant enough to pull me out of it.

#6 Rook

Rook

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

Wow! Thank you very much for your comments.
It is true that or works are mainly for the automotive Industry.
Some more of the other stuff is covered in our first reel:

Thanks again for watching and giving your opinions!

#7 anthonyc

anthonyc

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

this shiz is amazing.....I love everything about it from the visuals to the music :) i need to watch it again!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: showreel, automotive, lexus, motion graphics, matchmoving, visual effects, vfx, trapcode, particular

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users