3 replies to this topic

#1 TommyTronic

TommyTronic

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Design, Movies, Dogs.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

What's up everybody... This is my first topic here at Mograph.net. Glad to be here. I am a newbie to Motion Graphics. Been doing it since October of 2011, but have a long history with Graphic Design and Sound Design.
My question is - I have some complex extrusions on these sphere type things that I did for a personal project of stills, made in C4D R12 (I recently got R13 too).. You can view these at the link below. What I wanna do is animate these extrusions somehow. I'm doing a motion project with complex extrusions like the ones on the spheres, only on planes this time, making up the walls and floor to a room. I wanna have them slowly extruding. These will kinda be in the background of my shots, and I will be using depth of field, so they won't come into full focus all that much. I think I can get away with more doing that.
Can anybody help explain how to animate these type of extrusions?.. Imma desperate dude.

You may need to download the pdf to get a look at the best examples of the sphere's I'm speaking of.. The ones with the complex kaleidoscope looking patterns.

http://pdfcast.org/p...distantgalaxies

#2 throb36

throb36

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:Cheese

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

Looks like you're gonna have to use different techniques for each one. Look into displacement (under materials) or the displacer deformer.

#3 TommyTronic

TommyTronic

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Design, Movies, Dogs.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Cool... Good suggestion. I didn't think of that... Pretty sure that will work out to get the look I'm goin for... Thanks.

#4 symphonicx

symphonicx

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

OK so you know when you're sitting at home and you have an idea, so you boot everything up and then start the idea...but you get bored and do something else....
That happened to me yesterday - but not before looking at doing the same thing. I dunno whatsoever if this would work - but I theorised that using the sound and random effectors in modynamics would make something like this happen to music or something. I dunno. I guess if you made 4 cubes (totally away from your sphere idea) and added a cloner then a random and sound effector to the object, you could make it dance to the beat, so to speak...
but I never bothered trying it, and have only assumed that the sound effector helps you achieve this. I've never even opened it.

So that was worth me contributing....move along!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users