• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bzudo

bzudo

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

the place i work makes interactive ipad apps. some of the apps have videos embedded in them (3d charts, 3d animations) that look like they are part of the layout (they don't have any player window surrounding them, you can just tap the chart and the video plays).

all of these videos were created for the resolution of the ipad and ipad2. we are now converting them for the ipad3.

my question. do i have to do anything to the videos for them to play at higher resolution? double the size of the videos? i know video is only 72dpi so it's kind of a dumb question.

any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 symphonicx

symphonicx

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Not hugely clued up on this myself, but a theory I thought of while reading would be to take a screen grab of your ipad3 screen and check the resolution of it as a jpeg, then use that as your basis for resolution settings....

#3 rovino

rovino

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:bears, beets, battlestar gallactica

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

200+ views and 1 reply?
Maybe like me, they couldnt reply for the longest time. I actually tried a few times. So the obvious question is you dont have the ability to re-render youre current content at a higher res?
IIRC the ipad2 states they support 1280x720.. but I know, Ive played 1080i stuff on mine all the time. it depends on the app / player you are using.
I've had decent results upconverting SD footage to HD using InstantHD from Red Giant.. its not the best solution. but its a place to start. Plus it better than just increasing the video size all willy-nilly.. hope that helps..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video, ipad3, resolution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users