5 replies to this topic

#1 Colin@movecraft

Colin@movecraft

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

Hey all,

I've relaunched www.movecraft.com with some cool stuff. A new reel, a hopefully informative blog, and a downloads section with source files.

Please check it out.

http://www.movecraft.com/

Thanks,

c

#2 Binky

Binky

Wise Sage of mograph

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:33 AM

Looks great, man. Lots of lovely stuff on that site. Big win.

As a sort of minor note on the reel, you may want to push that drum machine / VJ footage further into the middle and put the Snoop Dogg stuff up front. That type is super sick, whereas the pasty white guy poking at a sequencer maybe isn't so much. :D

Also, even more subjectively, the pacing of the song kind of begs for the cuts in the front half to be even wider spaced, and full of drifting imagery, and then at the 41s mark it could ramp up. And you're kinda doing that, but you could could accentuate that to greater effect, I think.

#3 daveglanz

daveglanz

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 761 posts
  • Interests:wife, daughter, movies, floppy-eared dogs, coffee

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:24 AM

Awesome Colin! Great work.

#4 mgrvsh

mgrvsh

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:24 AM

Good stuff for sure. My one critique would be that I think you should choose a different font for your text that's gonna be below 12 or 14pt. It works okay in the headers, but looks a bit funky in the links and the posts. Just my two cents.

#5 Cosmo Ray

Cosmo Ray

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

That type is super sick, whereas the pasty white guy poking at a sequencer maybe isn't so much. :D

Excellent racial critique. But seriously Binky makes some good points as per usual.

I think the Wachovia and Cut'n'Paste NYC pieces could be pushed back later, and the Wolves project should get a little more love. Is the pixelation on your logo at the end intentional? Everything looks great in HD except that.

From the bottom of my unbiased heart: great work, great beard, great man.

Edited by Cosmo Ray, 18 May 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#6 Colin@movecraft

Colin@movecraft

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

Thanks all. Most of what you all hit is on my list of to-dos.

As a sort of minor note on the reel, you may want to push that drum machine / VJ footage further into the middle and put the Snoop Dogg stuff up front. That type is super sick, whereas the pasty white guy poking at a sequencer maybe isn't so much. :D

Also, even more subjectively, the pacing of the song kind of begs for the cuts in the front half to be even wider spaced, and full of drifting imagery, and then at the 41s mark it could ramp up. And you're kinda doing that, but you could could accentuate that to greater effect, I think.

Cool. good to know. It's fair to say I'm in a bromantic relationship with the white guy pushing the buttons, so I can see why I put him first.

PS, he's opening for Aesop Rock this summer.

Also, yeah. The edit is certainly version rough cut, I agree with you 1000%.

Good stuff for sure. My one critique would be that I think you should choose a different font for your text that's gonna be below 12 or 14pt. It works okay in the headers, but looks a bit funky in the links and the posts. Just my two cents.

Also on my list. I'd like to make the blog a bit more accessible with the latest post a bit larger and readable... Few other tweaks here and there. Glad to get your eyes on it.

I think the Wachovia and Cut'n'Paste NYC pieces could be pushed back later, and the Wolves project should get a little more love. Is the pixelation on your logo at the end intentional? Everything looks great in HD except that.

From the bottom of my unbiased heart: great work, great beard, great man.

I'm on the fence about the Wachovia end tag generally, but wanted some kinda logo in there. I'm sick of all the stuff in my old reel. Cool to hear you dig the wolves project. The pixelation on the logo at the end I believe is the work of our friend H. Twosixfour. I'm speaking at HOW in June and would like to fix all of these things by then.

Thanks to Dave. He's a man's man. Check out his AFI type.

Additionally, for an interview with Mr Cosmo Ray, check out the movecraft blog. His new reel will melt you in your eyeball buckets.

To all, please download my source files and use them as much as you like. Just don't turn them in as homework in any class.

c

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Reel, Downloads, Source Files, C4d

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users