• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zickar

Zickar

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

Is their a way to target specific clones in the cloner objects with textures .. lets say I want all clones to have a red color and the 53rd clone to have blue color .. is their a way to do that while using one mograph object and it remains parametric

Blog : www.motionzickness.wordpress.com

#2 Mylenium

Mylenium

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,497 posts
  • Interests:cycling, music, Sci-Fi

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

Use a formula effector and then type in this:

(id == floor(f-1))?( 1; 0)

For simplicity I mis-used the frequency input. Change the value there to address a different clone You will of course need to enable the color use on the effector. Then simply create a multishader.

Mylenium

Edited by Mylenium, 31 May 2012 - 05:07 PM.

[Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]
----------------------------------------------
www.myleniumblog.com

#3 ChrisC

ChrisC

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

Elegant from Mylenium but a little abstract perhaps...

Another, clumsier but perhaps more legible way - use Mograph selections to isolate the clone(s) you want to colour. Add two children to your cloner, one blue one red, and turn on 'sort' mode, then add a plain effector, with the selection active, and with all parameters off except 'modify clone' at 100%.

'Sort' mode selects which clone to use depending on the effectors strength.

Edited by ChrisC, 31 May 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#4 tezuka

tezuka

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

A more simple approach with the formula effector could be this:

Id==17

which means:
if index of clone is 17 (indices begin at 0), then apply transforms in the parameter tab of formula effector which in this case is the color parameter.

(I like how mylenium misuses the frequency input :)

Edited by tezuka, 31 May 2012 - 09:30 PM.

#5 ChrisC

ChrisC

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

While we're at it, I've not seen this syntax before: "(id == floor(f-1))?( 1; 0)" - what's the significance of the ( 1; 0) at the end? Is this a way of explicitly stating what the results will be i.e. TRUE = 1, FALSE = 0? So, superfluous but 'correct' if you're being thorough? Or is there something more to it?

#6 douwe

douwe

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

you can come up with some nice effects if you add time to the mix, like in id ==( t*25)

Edited by douwe, 31 May 2012 - 10:49 PM.

www.c4dlounge.eu : dutch c4d community (Belgium / Netherlands)
//////////////////////////////////// douwe on vimeo

#7 Zickar

Zickar

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:29 AM

While we're at it, I've not seen this syntax before: "(id == floor(f-1))?( 1; 0)" - what's the significance of the ( 1; 0) at the end? Is this a way of explicitly stating what the results will be i.e. TRUE = 1, FALSE = 0? So, superfluous but 'correct' if you're being thorough? Or is there something more to it?

This is as deep as i ever got into the formula effector and thanks all for the help ... @Mylenium It all worked well , thanks a lot fro the help ..I ended up not needing to isolate clones but its a much useful knowledge I gained here .. Thanks a lot.
@ChrisC ... I used the falloff parameter to isolate areas of the cloner but when you have a lot of animation on the cloners it gets pretty hard to work with ... as for the (1,0) is it possible that maybe it means that this appears once with no change in the amplitude , kind of like the amplitude-frequency combination in the wiggle expression in AE , maybe

#8 Zickar

Zickar

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

This is as far as I can simplify the equation while still working (id=9)?(1;0) .... what was the reason of the floor ? why are there == ?
Interestingly you can add (0.5,0) and it will affect it by half so the first one seems to be the intensity .... the second one I don't know because changing it to anything but 0 will result in the whole thing changing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users