5 replies to this topic

#1 TommyTronic

TommyTronic

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Design, Movies, Dogs.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:06 AM

So, I was checking out this new Transform plugin... Really cool, only I'm not crazy about the puzzle piece looking way that the polygons break apart... I was thinking, If you were to break them apart more randomly with Thrausi, then used Transform you may be able to get better results... Has anyone tried this? Or have both plugins?

#2 willryan

willryan

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:33 AM

It's absolutely necessary to custom chunk your model if you want to use the plugin in anyway that isn't a complete tell that it's being used. I've done exactly what you're talking about but with Nitroblast - it is kinda neat in Existing Parts mode for some quick animations. Transform has potential, especially for quick turnarounds, but it feels like it was released too early: training wasn't ready at launch, there's no custom chunking besides a limited shader mode, and I don't think you can save your hard built custom movements as presets.

I stand up and applaud an artist for being an entrepreneur and I've seen Nick's tools (particularly City Kit) used in a professional environment multiple times, but you shouldn't have to own another plugin to make the one you just bought functionally useful. I'm betting a lot of the shortcomings get addressed in a 2.0 release.

Edited by willryan, 09 June 2012 - 01:41 AM.

#3 TommyTronic

TommyTronic

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

True... I don't mind it too bad... Gonna try it out soon as I get a sec, and see what kind of chunky coolness I can get.

#4 iline

iline

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

Is there not a way to use a Noise shader to break a model apart without using Thrausi? Be good to use the Tiles or voronoi noise to do the same thing...

#5 TommyTronic

TommyTronic

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

Kind of a newbie, so I don't even know what you're talking about exactly... Any way you can dumb it down a little and explain?

#6 willryan

willryan

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

Is there not a way to use a Noise shader to break a model apart without using Thrausi? Be good to use the Tiles or voronoi noise to do the same thing...

Not yet, but I've been annoying the Gorilla at every turn to find a way to use all of C4D's choice noise options (including multiple voroni flavors) as a source for breaking rather than just animation timing. I think Transform 2.0 will alleviate users' frustrations with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users