Photo

Why are my AE CS6 Reflections brighter?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John816

John816

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Motion Graphics, After Effects, Cinema 4D, vfx, color correction, vectors

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'm working on my first real project using After Effects CS6 and the new Ray Tracer Renderer.
I have 3D shapes in the form of text in front of a "wall" which is set to use reflections.
For some reason the reflections of the letters in the wall are way brighter than they should be.
In fact, they're really not behaving at all.
I don't see a way to attach photos so here's a link to a jpg on my site: http://www.johnstano...Reflections.jpg
In the photo you can clearly see that the sides of the letters are darker and the reflections of the same area look like they're glowing white.
What gives?

#2 Todd Kopriva

Todd Kopriva

Adobe Mastermind

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

If you upload the project, I'll have a look.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 C.Smith

C.Smith

Sermonizes Mograph to the Masses

• Members
  • 2,929 posts
  • Interests:Keepin it real.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:41 AM

As a quick experiment, make the solid black and see how that changes things. It *could* be an illusion since it's mixing with the diffuse color of the solid. But if you make the diffuse black and only judge the reflection it should be more obvious what's going on.
chris smith :: some of my work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users