Photo

How do I stop TP emission after a certain number?

Cinema 4D Thinking Particles Xpresso

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 louderthan11

louderthan11

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Climbing, Movies, MoGraph, Learning, Sharing, Whiskey

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

I have a PStorm node set up and passing those particles into particle Group.1. I'm affecting the Group 1 particles with PFriction to slow them down to a halt. I'm using a PGetData Node to output the velocity into a compare node. When the velocity is <= 1 I'm piping the output port to the On port of another Pstorm node. That much works just fine. What I want to do without keyframing the shot value of the 2nd Pstorm node is limit the number of particles emitted to 7. Or any number, really. I need all the particles to emit at once, on a single frame. So I don't think I can get rate or count to work as the particle birth type. Is there a way to turn off the particle emission? I am puzzled at the moment. Thanks for any help guys!

#2 Zickar

Zickar

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

Have you tried using the shot mode ? I think the way it works is it just shoots a certain number of TPs once and that's it ...

Blog : www.motionzickness.wordpress.com

#3 David Wickenden

David Wickenden

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

Velocity is expressed as a vector. To get the speed of the particle, feed the velocity into a Distance node.

My understanding is that the second PStorm node should emit ONLY on the first frame where one or more particles falls below the speed threshold.

One approach is to include the particle count from the second emitter in the test. The PStorm node is only switched on when the particle count is zero and the speed is below the threshold. The PGroup node from the TP Helper group outputs the correct particle count when the PStorm is switched off.

PStorm_SingleShot.zip

#4 louderthan11

louderthan11

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Climbing, Movies, MoGraph, Learning, Sharing, Whiskey

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

Bravo! Thank you David! Exactly what I needed. I didn't use a distance node at first. That helped a lot! Thankyou very much for posting your example as well! I really appreciate it!

#5 David Wickenden

David Wickenden

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

No worries, I'm glad that this is what was needed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cinema 4D, Thinking Particles, Xpresso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users