Photo

Jordi Pages and Echoic Audio new collaboration!

3D cinema4d cloth caustics underwater subpolygon volumetric bake remap projection mapping

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fotli

Fotli

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hi there,

My name is Jordi Pages, recently I've been working on a collaboration with Echoic Audio (www.echoicaudio.com) and that is the result:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please check the movie here

Any feedback is more than welcome :)

Thanks for watching!

#2 Binky

Binky

Wise Sage of mograph

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:09 AM

Well it looks really nice, there's a developed aesthetic here, and it's built from plenty of attention to detail. The look is very attended to and I think you'll receive, and are deserving of, lots of praise for that.

There is, however, not much happening here. Alien goo blobs pulsate and then explode. That's the plot. And as simple as it is, that could be interesting if there were valuable visual bits conveying more story information. But everything you've accomplished in this 1:40 could be done in 7 or 8 seconds in one shot, and we wouldn't have understood less. And I honestly think that's what you have here. You have one or two shots, comprising less than 10 seconds of interesting stuff, and you've stretched it to 1:40. That's not really what you want to hear, but that's a pretty honest assessment.

Lots of people will like it, but mostly because it looks nice. And I think that if you're going to put all of that effort into making something look super nice, it really pays to develop an idea that's worthy of the effort beforehand. It's much more satisfying too. Nice job elsewhere, though.

Edited by Binky, 28 June 2012 - 12:11 AM.

#3 Fotli

Fotli

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Well it looks really nice, there's a developed aesthetic here, and it's built from plenty of attention to detail. The look is very attended to and I think you'll receive, and are deserving of, lots of praise for that.

There is, however, not much happening here. Alien goo blobs pulsate and then explode. That's the plot. And as simple as it is, that could be interesting if there were valuable visual bits conveying more story information. But everything you've accomplished in this 1:40 could be done in 7 or 8 seconds in one shot, and we wouldn't have understood less. And I honestly think that's what you have here. You have one or two shots, comprising less than 10 seconds of interesting stuff, and you've stretched it to 1:40. That's not really what you want to hear, but that's a pretty honest assessment.

Lots of people will like it, but mostly because it looks nice. And I think that if you're going to put all of that effort into making something look super nice, it really pays to develop an idea that's worthy of the effort beforehand. It's much more satisfying too. Nice job elsewhere, though.

One of the best feedbacks I've received so far!! Thanks a lot!

I completely agree, there is a serious lack of story or concept on the video. I aimed at getting something nice and interesting to look at more than the concept and the idea that I wanted to represent, and sometimes is better to find a more adjusted balance. I guess I kind of felt an urge to create something pretty...not to tell a nice story or give a lesson, but I will definitely concentrate more on that part for the next one!

Thanks a lot for the feedback, much appreciated!

Also I think is not just the concept, the graphics can still be improved a lot!

Cheers

Jordi

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3D, cinema4d, cloth, caustics, underwater, subpolygon, volumetric, bake, remap, projection mapping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users