Vancouver Film School programs focus on industries that use moving images, graphics, sound and text as fundamental components for communication, information and story. VFS programs regularly and continually evolve in response to the current industry methodology, technology and need. VFS offers world recognized, full-time, one-year programs in Film Production, 3D Animation & Visual Effects, Classical Animation, Digital Character Animation, Sound Design, Writing, Acting, Makeup Design, Digital Design, Game Design, Foundation Visual Art & Design, and Entertainment Business Management. These one-year programs are intensive, focused on the field of study and immerse students in industry-like settings and situations in order to best prepare them for work in their chosen field.
VFS is currently accepting applications for a full time 3D Modeling/Surfacing Instructor in our 3D Animation & Visual Effects Department.
Reporting to the Department Head and Senior Instructor – Modeling, the Instructor will provide professional, expert and courteous front line educational support to all VFS students within the program they are assigned. The Instructor is able to create and deliver expertise in the field of 3D modeling and surfacing. The successful candidate is a highly-organized, energetic, and positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
• Working from a course outline, develop lesson plans detailing what will be taught and how the course material will be delivered.
• Work closely with the Head of Department and Senior Instructional staff to ensure class curriculum is accurate and up to date and is communicated to students in a clear and concise manner.
• Teach students the fundamentals of modeling and surfacing from initial setup to final image.
• Teach students the fundamentals of good production habits and techniques.
• Guide students through the nature of problem solving and how to approach issues.
• Introduce students to some of the more technical aspects of the software and inform them of the limitations.
• Develop the students' art skills in digital painting and image manipulation.
• Help students identify and solve problems on assignments and the models for their student films.
Skills, Experience, and Education
• Post-secondary certificate, diploma, degree, or equivalent – and/or three years of industry experience or software certification where applicable.
• Expert knowledge of the Autodesk Maya software package.
• Expert knowledge of the Adobe Photoshop software package.
• Knowledge of ZBrush and/or Mudbox and/or Mari a plus.
• Teaching experience is advantageous.
• Ability to lead workshops, lectures, and mentor student productions.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
If you meet the profile above and would like to be part of our growing organization, we invite you apply for this position through the following website: http://www.vfs.com/c...m/careers Once on the website, click on '3D Modeling/Surfacing Instructor' and 'Apply Now' to reach the online application. Please note that your resume and cover letter must be uploaded in either PDF or Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.vfs.com
3D Modeling/Surfacing Instructor
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users