• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dizzygilles

dizzygilles

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

Hello everyone,

Please Check out the attached project file. 

http://www.divshare....ad/21402252-44c

I have a difficulty animating pages of the magazine. I followed some tips from Mike the Monkey. I sorted out the issues with overlapping pages. I'd like to have the first 2 pages open slowly as they are (when 1 page rests the other starts moving). Then the tempo should speed up. And the pages should be closer together (just flip through it). And then gradually slow down the final few spread turns.  When it gets to the cover page, the whole magazine should become flat and sit on the surface. 

cleardot.gif

I tried to increase the speed by animating time offset on the step effector. Unfortunately the result is jerky as you can see. I also can't use ease in or out on those key-frames. I tried to render just slow animation and time remap it in After Effects. It didn't give me the result I'm after as I need the pages to be closer together towards the end.

Also I need to use the X-ref to be able to adjust the 1 page turning animation on the fly.

I know I could do this with a help of Nitro Bookcase plugin, but I'd rather do it through Mograph.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  sc018.gif

#2 wysee

wysee

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

You can play with the Spline of your time offset effector instead of animating  the Time offset parameter or a mix of both.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mograph, book, magazine, page, turn, turning, mike the monkey, mike senften, animation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users