Slow rendering

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shannon101

shannon101

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Hello all.  I have a question that  I really hope someone could answer.  I am working in Cinema R13, and I am having a problem with my output renders.  In the viewer my projects render very fast with just the standard render-er.   The problem is that when I go to output a frame it takes about three hours to calculate as opposed to five seconds in the viewer.  I have lowered my render setting to as low as possible and I still get the same result.  Also in the task manager C4D is barely using any of my processing power.  Does anyone have any idea of what I am doing wrong when I go to out put my frames? 

PC Windows 7

Intel 950 3.5GHz

GTX 470

Any help would be much appreciated 

#2 edrhine

edrhine

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 803 posts
  • Interests:motion, mountain biking, skiing, home brew, traveling and saracasm

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Send some more details out here please.  A screen cap of your render settings... what if any post effects are on... are you on the latest update of cinema?

"It ain't about the dollar or trying to go fast. Unless you take pride in what you're doing, it won't last. Craftsmanship is a quality that some lack. You got to give people a reason for them to come back." ---- Buck 65

FREED

#3 vozzz

vozzz

Eats, sleeps, drinks MoGraph

• Members
  • 1,737 posts
  • Interests:In Budapest Hungary

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

im guessing its something to do with simulations. dynamics, or hair.

i remember i used to run into this problem.

also might be some hypernurbs with too many division in render settings.

if you post a file will be easier to find the problem.

-Aleksey

------------------

Ace5 studios
http://ace5studios.com <-portfolio

http://ace5education.com <-tutorials/blog/facebook page

http://plus.google.c...lekseyVoz/posts <- google+ page

#4 dbrodi

dbrodi

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Need more info from you. Are you using physical or standard render for the final output? Also are you using any SSS materials?

Edited by dbrodi, 04 February 2013 - 08:56 PM.

David Brodeur
Art Director
http://www.behance.net/DavidBrodeur

#5 froj

froj

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

Like Vozz said, if its fast viewport render and slow picture viewer render then even without more info I would guess this is almost certainly not render related but calculation based. Does it say 'preparing' for a long time? This is loading all the actual geometry it needs to render, meaning in a lot of cases (dynamics) it has to calculate every frame before hand to get to that point if not cached properly (and even if it is in a lot of cases). Everything you can do to geometry except delete it adds to this problems, deformers, generators, particles, TP (both troublesome in different ways)...

some things are counter intuitive when it comes to rendering v working. Get everything you can down to polygons, bakes, etc. Don't need to animate a deformer? state to object. Don't need to move around in your scene anymore? Make the damn HN editable so your mesh is actually high poly... less preparation. Only do this in a 'render file', obviously keep iterations of the real project file for changes, just advising based on experience. We always want to keep everything loose and changeable but thats the price you pay with larger scenes, everything adds up and there's not always a straw that breaks the camel's back.

Biggest hog though is usually dynamics tag, even if they're not being used they calculate a bunch of stuff every frame so disable ones that aren't needed

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Slow rendering

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users