• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#161 brake

brake

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Add Natl.tv to the chopping block. Not sure on the details.

#162 microdot

microdot

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

snap.

Quick! Grab as many new Mac Pros as you can and build a fort!

Leave a little window so we can see out!

Once that's built you hold them off while I pack for the Philippines!

Edited by microdot, 17 June 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#163 oeuf

oeuf

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

Wow. Natl.tv?! Anyone got more info?

http://natl.tv/

And Robert Leger, man, it's good that he's found what's important in life.

Props to him and I hope he heals up from whatever it was he had. That sounds nasty.

#164 BoArlander

BoArlander

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

And Robert Leger, man, it's good that he's found what's important in life.

Agreed good comment. Ironically when you have a wife and kids, earning a good living is equally as important as the balance itself. Always need to have that money stashed away just in case. This is why people have such a tough time getting it right in the first place. It's a bit of a fairy tale in LA/NY based motion design. I can't speak for other places.

For example the amount of time we end up needing to spend on researching systems, software, new version features, rhtoric about the features, plugins, design blogs, and upping our game in general. Then our own websites, blogs, logos, montages, etc.

Not to mention sales aspect of finding clients and/or freelance work. Balance is much easier said then done atleast in a major US city like LA/NY with expenses. 

I wonder what Robert got paid on that job. After all, the costs no matter what outweighed the profits. Without being sarcastic, he went literally in the red for that client with his own blood.

And, I doubt it payed very much actual profit if any. That's why these jobs go to smaller studios in the first place. In the end, budgets are half of what it should be. The marketing departments that award the jobs have learned how to manipulate the system.

Edited by BoArlander, 18 June 2013 - 12:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users