4 replies to this topic

#1 jblessing

jblessing

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:mograph

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'm trying to get random UV offsets on the textures of clones of a mograph object. Basically I just want to offset the layered noise I have distressing these clones' texture. What am I missing here?

---------------------------
johnblessing.com

#2 Mylenium

Mylenium

Mograph Deity

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  • Interests:cycling, music, Sci-Fi

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:54 AM

Not sure what you are missing because you are not telling us anything about what you have tried so far.... Effectors do have a modify U and V parameter, y'know...

Mylenium
[Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]
----------------------------------------------
www.myleniumblog.com

#3 jblessing

jblessing

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

I thought it would be something I was just simply overlooking. Maybe not??

The U/V Transforms on the effectors has nothing to do with textures (according to the manual, and I have yet to get them to effect anything).

I've gotten by on this first version by just duplicating the same object and manually shifting around the UV texture offsets, but I thought I could somehow pipe the random effector into changing those on the clones.

I can't seem to find a way of getting an effector to change those values (they all seem to only want to change PSR values).

I'm thinking a COFFEE effector could do it now, but I don't know coffee well enough to make it happen.

The clones are all animating, so I can't just do world coordinates on the noise texture.

I've tried using Xpresso to link the u/v offsets to rotation, etc. but I think I'm missing something that happens when those objects are used inside a cloner object (it works great for a single object). My thought here is that I can setup a dummy cloner object with randomly rotated clones that can be referenced by my real cloner object to drive the offsets by those rotation values. Kind of like using the inheritance effector, but choosing how it routes the data.

johnblessing.com

#4 tezuka

tezuka

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

Just make a copy of your object inside the Cloner. Set the first ones UV shift to 0% and the second one's to 100% for example. Then set the Cloner to Blend Mode and change the Modify Clone Parameter on your Random Effector to 100% for example. Now your UV's should shift in a random fashion.

#5 jblessing

jblessing

MoGraph Superstar

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

Tezuka, you are a genius. That was it!

I had messed with the Blend Mode stuff first, but didn't have the Modify Clone turned up.

johnblessing.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c4d, mograph, clones, uvw, random, offsets, texture

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users