• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scott frizzle

scott frizzle

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

Here's some free Xpresso setups for creating strobe, pulse, and flicker effects in Cinema 4D.  While created with lights and luminous materials in mind, they can be used to add these effects to any parameter in Cinema 4D accessible via Xpresso.  

There are separate scene files containing controls for each effect, plus another scene file that contains all of the effects in one controller with a combined output (see interface image below).  These controller null objects can be added to any scene file, and all you'll have to do is double click the Xpresso tag on the null object to open the Xpresso interface, and then connect the green final output node to whatever parameter you'd like to apply the effect to.  To access the controls, simply select the controller null object, and click the User Data field.

The controls are pretty self explanatory; a few minutes fiddling around should be all that's needed to figure them out. 

Enjoy!

Strobe, Pulse and Flicker

Screenshot%202014-07-21%2008.33.20.png

#2 dotcommer

dotcommer

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 394 posts
  • Interests: Compositing
    Motion Graphics

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

This is exactly what I've been looking for.  Thanks so much for this Scott!  It functions very similarly to my javascript expression I set up for AE.

#3 scott frizzle

scott frizzle

MoGraph Demi-god

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

This is exactly what I've been looking for.  Thanks so much for this Scott!  It functions very similarly to my javascript expression I set up for AE.

I'm glad you found these useful.  They've come in handy for me on a couple of projects already, but it's always nice to hear that other people are finding uses for them!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: strobe, pulse, flicker, cinema 4d, Xpresso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users