Like many people on the board, I'm in need of a new workstation. I'm reaching out to see if a Hackintosh (I have at least 3 different local builders that can help me) is worth the time/ effort or should I just go full-on PC. I know Apple may or may not have some fall announcements regarding Mac Pro improvements, and I will probably at least wait until October-ish for a final decision. I also know OWC offers some decent upgrades for the current nMP. My work is 80-90% AE (alongside the rest of Adobe Suite) and about 10% C4D (but growing). I still plan on keeping my Macbook Pro 2013 Retina for lighter design work. Also I have Cintiq that I use at my house so it's important that I get something that can be fast and work well with that. 4k is on the horizon for me, but not many projects yet.
My big fear on switching to PC, is Windows. While 10 looks better than other iterations, it's still seems a bit tangled. I don't want to go to work hating my OS or lose productivity by re-learning all the short-cuts. Mac seems underpowered, pricey and not very future proof. Hackinstosh seems like it's getting more and more legit, but I'm worried about stability. If I went that way I'd plan on full windows install as back-up/ plan B.
What's the opinion of people that have switched from Mac to PC. Painful? Easy? Anybody have a Hackintosh that is not a hobby project that they use for actual work? Any serious issues?