MOTIONTHEORY SITE UPDATE / REEL

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_pidgeonGlue_*

Guest_pidgeonGlue_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:48 PM

www.motiontheory.com . There's lot of new and amazing work.....check it out.

#2 Guest_myExperiment_*

Guest_myExperiment_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2005 - 10:00 PM

great find. i've been looking at their temporary page almost every day waiting to see the new stuff, but you beat me to it! They do really great work.

#3 Guest_govinda_*

Guest_govinda_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2005 - 10:30 PM

Yoo hoo! Down here, beneath the pinned Interview topic.

MOTION THEORY has finally, I say finally updated their site. Thanks to member pidgeonGlue for the tip, and shame on MyExperiment for not catching it. :P

Great, there's no way to rearrange posts in a thread. So for the time being, pidgeonGlue gets all the props of modhood, including the free cocaine and Otter Pops.

#4 Guest_firemind_*

Guest_firemind_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:18 PM

Ok, so how the hell do you save the QT's. None of my methods are working so far.

#5 Guest_bennett_*

Guest_bennett_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2005 - 10:47 PM

Ok, so how the hell do you save the QT's. None of my methods are working so far.

View Post

Ditto. There's a PHP script pulling up specific QT's. For example:
http://www.motionthe...consolidate.mov
So far, I haven't been able to look at the PHP because calling it up downloads a dummy QT. Very clever!

Each job has its sources in a specific directory. For example, the images for HP 'It Consolidates' are located in the folder below. Although, the file 'hp_consolidate.mov' is not within the same 'images' folder. Also, replacing 'images' with 'videos','clips', or 'movies' were failed guesses as to the name of the directory with Quicktimes. All of these attempts returned 404 errors. Even using the favelets mentioned in another thread don't help. Anybody else have any ideas?
http://www.motionthe...es_1270/images/

In addition to designing a beautiful and friendly website, Gabe, Jesus, and Grady at MT did a very good job of hiding these files from our prying eyes. I especially appreciate the pre-production photographs. I remember reading that MT has an unorthodox method of pitching to clients. Instead of coming with mounted storyboards they produce booklets containing objects that inspired their idea for the pitch including everything from sketches, photographs, quotations, and magazine clippings. This gives the prospective client an emotional frame as well as a tangible product to flip through on through on their own. Anyways, I'd imagine that some of these images are from these pitch booklets. I was really inspired by this approach and have tried to do the same for my personal projects.

#6 Guest_firemind_*

Guest_firemind_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:05 PM

Friend of mine may have the solution. Keep your eyes on this thread.

#7 Guest_igorschmigor_*

Guest_igorschmigor_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2005 - 12:37 PM

Quicktimes that firemind can't download? Impossible!
WinHTTrack seems to manage.

I loved their old site, a pity it's gone. I guess the new one is easier to update, better for search engines and more usable. But do i give a f$%k about these things? Hell no. (Note to self: stop listening to these explicit NWA tracks).

#8 Guest_igorschmigor_*

Guest_igorschmigor_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2005 - 03:07 PM

Sorry, i was wrong. WinHTTrack only downloaded some of them, apparently only the old stuff (everything in the folder 2001/media/ - which is already about 160MB).

#9 Guest_igorschmigor_*

Guest_igorschmigor_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2005 - 03:52 PM

Ha! Now i got it working. Apparently offline browsers have a problem finding all links. But if you browse the site with netscape or firefox, open a project's quicktime, then right click in the popup window to select "view page information". It will display the windows url, something like "http://www.motionthe...ed.php?qt=207". If you enter that in WinHTTrack it will work. The quicktime gets saved as an html file, so you'll have to rename it again later to .mov

#10 Guest_ai_*

Guest_ai_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:23 AM

Well is it just me or safari/tiger has some issues showing the quicktimes on the page. Or maybe thousands of hungry-reel-eaters are hammering the site.

#11 Guest_pidgeonGlue_*

Guest_pidgeonGlue_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:10 AM

http://www.motiontheory.com/2001/

Edited by pidgeonGlue, 02 May 2005 - 04:16 AM.

#12 Guest_igorschmigor_*

Guest_igorschmigor_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:44 AM

ah, the old site is still there. :) :) :)

#13 Guest_OLDIE_*

Guest_OLDIE_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:59 PM

with mozilla,view the videos and go to view tool info for the page and go to media,clik the .mov and save!!!!

#14 Guest_ai_*

Guest_ai_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:33 PM

Updated > EAsports + David Gray music video

Edited by ai, 06 October 2005 - 10:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users