Posted 12 December 2005 - 01:45 PM

Posted Image

:H :H :H :H :H :H :H :H :H :H
Purrrrrrlease make the video for me…

#142 Guest_mfh_*

Guest_mfh_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2005 - 03:42 PM

My question to anyone here who took offense to the fact that the video is supposed to emulate the "tainted" apple spot, is have you had any experience dealing with clients in this industry? I have had clients as well as major agencies asking for jobs to look and feel like other peoples work almost constantly. This is nothing new. Maybe it's just a Canadian thing.

This being said, I have never knowingly ripped anyones work off. I take the style and feeling that they like and do something new with it. Sounds like an abstract concept eh? I mean, I know when the agency sends a creative brief listing examples of previous work, they just want me to recreate it exactly. God forbid I use my own brain and do my job. I mean is everyone completely literal? When the client asks for edgy do you just scan in a picture of a chefs knife?

Its funny because every single reel I've seen on here seems to have done the same thing, since every bloody reel (including mine) on here has alot of "borrowed" look and style (3d lines/arrows/inksplats) to every other reel. There're called trends.

#143 Guest_nextseason_*

Guest_nextseason_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2005 - 03:53 PM

Its funny because every single reel I've seen on here seems to have done the same thing, since every bloody reel (including mine) on here has alot of "borrowed" look and style (3d lines/arrows/inksplats) to every other reel. There're called trends.

View Post

So just because my reel has those elements in it what does that have to do with copying other people's work? You seem to be trying to make a point but your really making a stretch here.
Shilo's reel has all those elements too, so does Exopolis. Are you trying to say they are unoriginal? Or are you just taking a shot?
What you're saying is it's stupid to accuse others of copying when we all have similar trends on our reels, sorry dude, I'm not with you at all on that.

#144 Guest_mfh_*

Guest_mfh_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:21 PM

Thats not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that trends exist because businesses will often ask for a specific style to represent a service or product. They also exist because technology changes and people will discover the same method.

What I am saying is that you can have the same elements/style/technique and not RIP OFF someone. Everyone whining that they want to rip off this product seems to missing the point.
If I wasn't in this industry and wanted to commission a broadcast spot, this is exactly the statement I would use. Now if you (not "you" personally) cant take this brief and create something new with it, then I'd wonder how you'd make it in this business.

#145 Guest_nextseason_*

Guest_nextseason_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:18 PM

The description of this thread is "Seeking iPod-like video creator"
haha - I tink it's pretty cool you guys are mature enough to have a serious discussion about it. I on the other hand am definitely not.

#146 Guest_Sao_Bento_*

Guest_Sao_Bento_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:16 PM

I heard Logan took the job.

#147 Guest_fishface_*

Guest_fishface_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:25 PM

I heard Logan took the job.

View Post

hahahaha.

with a sweet budget like that, they can probably get Romanek.

#148 Guest_edamame_*

Guest_edamame_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

ok, i've been putting off reading this thread for about a month now and I finally took my precious time and did.

all i ahve to say now is - i hate you all

i was expecting zacid

ps. sorry for bumping this again :H

#149 Guest_seabass_*

Guest_seabass_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:19 AM

ok, i've been putting off reading this thread for about a month now and I finally took my precious time and did.

all i ahve to say now is - i hate you all

i was expecting zacid

ps.  sorry for bumping this again :H

View Post

Yeah, this is my first venture into this thread as well. Funny stuff.

Looks like he found someone to do all that work in "High Def 3-D!".
I wish I could find those 3D glasses I got with my SpyKids 3D DVD so I could see what High Def 3-D looks like.
Look at the first news item

#150 Guest_mindstate7_*

Guest_mindstate7_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:39 PM

Finally read this thread as well.
Volitile, mean spirited, sarcastic, whitty, hilarious, inspirational....true.

I love mograph. :lol:

#151 Guest_pixelronin_*

Guest_pixelronin_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:49 PM

I dont like the sea....

--pixel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users