Music Video Freelance Opportunity!

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tab_*

Guest_tab_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:27 PM

Kixx Records America (a small independent record label in Philadelphia) is looking for a graphic artist, video producer, etc. to create a music video IN THE MOLD OF THE iPOD EMINEM COMMERCIAL. Budget of $5-10K (hey, we're small :-). The artist is R&B singr Josephine Sincere and the single is "The Next One" (listen at www.kixxrecords.com). INTERESTED PARTIES MUST CONTACT US BY 12/16/05. tab@kixxrecords.com

#2 Guest_christianchoice_*

Guest_christianchoice_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:35 PM

good luck with that one :)

#3 Guest_tab_*

Guest_tab_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 04:10 PM

Kixx Records America (a small independent record label in Philadelphia) is looking for a graphic artist, video producer, etc. to create a music video IN THE MOLD OF THE iPOD EMINEM COMMERCIAL.  Budget of $5-10K (hey, we're small :-).  The artist is R&B singr Josephine Sincere and the single is "The Next One" (listen at www.kixxrecords.com).  INTERESTED PARTIES MUST CONTACT US BY 12/16/05. tab@kixxrecords.com

View Post

Believe it or not, there are some students who can get pretty close!

#4 Guest_nextseason_*

Guest_nextseason_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 04:18 PM

ROFL!!!!!

#5 Guest_Jaimonee_*

Guest_Jaimonee_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 04:39 PM

I don't know why im even responding to this post, but this kind of bullshit hurts the entire industry. You obviously put no value on the type of work that directors, designers and animators do, and yet have the balls to show up at the local watering whole looking for some one to roll with.

You're asking a group of professionals if they are interested in working for free to rip off a spot, that is a rip off of another, better spot. C'mon man, think about things before you post them.

#6 Guest_tab_*

Guest_tab_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 04:45 PM

I don't know why im even responding to this post, but this kind of bullshit hurts the entire industry.  You obviously put no value on the type of work that directors, designers and animators do, and yet have the balls to show up at the local watering whole looking for some one to roll with.

You're asking a group of professionals if they are interested in working for free to rip off a spot, that is a rip off of another, better spot.  C'mon man, think about things before you post them.

View Post

I assume that everyone who has replied to me is an adult. As such, they don't have to reply if they are offended or are not interested. I have the right to ask this community of professionals for the help that I need, whether you approve or not. I don't want to sound abbrasive, but - like you said - "C'mon man!"

#7 Guest_Jaimonee_*

Guest_Jaimonee_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 04:51 PM

Agreed. It's an open forum, and you have the right to post whatever you feel (within reason obviously).

#8 Guest_SermonOfMockery_*

Guest_SermonOfMockery_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 04:59 PM

this has all the makings of a classic thread

#9 Guest_dethkiller_*

Guest_dethkiller_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:06 PM

this has all the makings of a classic thread

View Post

agreed. beautiful so far.

how many times has this specific spot been discussed in here? and with scathing responses to its obvious doppleganger qualities? amazing.

i read something in newsweek three days ago about guys like these... "a student would do it for $35 and a six pack" you pay for what you get. want to be branded as a company evidently lacking in creativity they're forced to copy a copy? awesome! then find that student who'll do it for the $35 and six-pack. my recommendation is at least make the beer an import.

#10 Guest_nextseason_*

Guest_nextseason_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:15 PM

Hey Dude I did some storyboards for you!
I think they are the best EVAR, let me know what you think TTYL BFF!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Guest_christianchoice_*

Guest_christianchoice_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:17 PM

tab.

let me put it this way. Apple (and the other company for the similar spot) paid waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than $10K for 30 secs (60?)....

you might want to be more clear on the things you LIKE about the spot that you would want your potential worker to emulate:

like the color
the ink drips/splatters
the editing

things like that......

#12 Guest_Tread_*

Guest_Tread_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:34 PM

dude, I cant pass up an opportunity like this. I'll do it! Take alook at me reel and let me know if you want me for the job...

http://ezz-theticmed...s/reelhires.mov

As you can see by the music in my reel, I am very 'in tune' with the music scene.

Edited by Tread, 08 December 2005 - 05:36 PM.

#13 Guest_fredcamino_*

Guest_fredcamino_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:48 PM

i'll pay you to let me do this. this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. thank you and may god bless your soul.

#14 Guest_JMSDigital_*

Guest_JMSDigital_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:02 PM

Posted Image

#15 Guest_laundry_*

Guest_laundry_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:44 PM

you guys are dumbasses. This guy asked for some help, explained that he is from a small record label with not a ton of money (which even the biggest labels often dont) and referenced something fairly simple as to what he wants. The reference could be far worse. How about offering something constructive or just keeping shitty comments to ourselves and working.

#16 Guest_Nhowe_*

Guest_Nhowe_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:09 PM

you guys are dumbasses. This guy asked for some help, explained that he is from a small record label with not a ton of money (which even the biggest labels often dont) and referenced something fairly simple as to what he wants. The reference could be far worse. How about offering something constructive or just keeping shitty comments to ourselves and working.

View Post

i agree 100%

I notice a disturbing trend of job postings (even from bigger studios) being met with sarcasm and attitude on here... doesnt really make this place appealing for people to post leads.

My 2 cents

Nate

#17 Guest_fredcamino_*

Guest_fredcamino_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:15 PM

View Post

i absolutely agree too. nor did he say anything about not getting paid. and i'm sure it would be a good opportunity for someone. hell just to years ago when i was just starting out i was doing stuff for small places with no money for no money. now im getting paid, didn't "hurt the industry" too much.

but at the same time... it can't be helped. it's jungle law around here and i love it. raaaaaaawrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

#18 Guest_chriskelley_*

Guest_chriskelley_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:24 PM

agreed. Constructive criticism in the showcase section is healthy, but people who post about an opportunity - good or bad - shouldn't be berated. If you don't want it, don't take it. If this guy came in and said "great opportunity for anyone willing to work 20 hours a day for $5/hour on a 3 month project" - yeah, that's probably not welcome in any industry. To the people who have their names or sites in their sig or profile, keep in mind that alot of industry heads lurk this board, and every time you act like an asshole, people see it. Last time I checked Mograph wasn't "members only".

I've noticed over the last few months it's beginning to turn into another "yeah fuck that" board like every other board on the internet. I was pretty appalled at the "realflow expert" thread the other day... This board has plenty of potential to take the right path, but it's pretty quickly turning into a elitest clique.

I for one say lets get it back on track.

#19 Guest_paccollective_*

Guest_paccollective_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:36 PM

[elitest clique]

originality

[/elitest clique]

#20 Guest_nextseason_*

Guest_nextseason_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:42 PM

Anyone asking to rip other spots is on some weak shit.
Defending it is just as bad.

no homo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users