TED GORE / TREAD [1]

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_worldpattern_*

Guest_worldpattern_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:29 AM

Amazing reel. Don't really care for the song, but it's better than The Crystal Method.

The site is nice and simple, everything seems to work fine for me (though for some reason I had to reload the site to get the News scroll square to work properly...it was stuck). Might have been some Safari fluke (v. 2.0.2) but it's working every time I load it now.

#22 Guest_Tread_*

Guest_Tread_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:41 AM

thx yo

glad the site seems to be working ok. I've had a bad connection here for the last few days, so it's hard for me to tell if it's working or not. as for pop-ups and what not, well, it was the best I could do with the limited resources and knowledge I had for web development.

Sorry I can't appeal to everyone's musical tastes. How could you not like Cake!?

anyway, thanks again.

#23 Guest_ESC_*

Guest_ESC_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:35 AM

Nice job.
Loved the reel. Very clean.
Good luck in NYC

#24 Guest_myExperiment_*

Guest_myExperiment_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:37 AM

ted-
congrats on graduating, i'm jealous :)
good luck in new york, your stuff looks great.

#25 Guest_FlipSwitch_*

Guest_FlipSwitch_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:06 AM

yo... do you have any gigs lined up here in NY yet? i guess i was just wondering what's your plan of attack... not that you really need one with a reel like that... looks like you'll be able to pick and choose what kinda work you'll be doing... just watched it 3 times in a row...(on mute) ;)

Edited by FlipSwitch, 26 January 2006 - 11:19 AM.

#26 Guest_pixelronin_*

Guest_pixelronin_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:02 PM

Good Work. Nice Style.

Good Luck In NYC.

--pixel

#27 Guest_Tread_*

Guest_Tread_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:52 PM

I uploaded a Sorenson 3 version of the reel for those less fortunate...

here

it isn't streamed.

#28 Guest_Takhisos_*

Guest_Takhisos_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:54 PM

Well, as others have pointed out pop-ups can be a bit of a pain. Personally I hate them.. But thats me. The site looks nice, clean but with a bit of character, and the reel is awesome, some great great work in there. The song, I like that too... :)

#29 Guest_brandj6000_*

Guest_brandj6000_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:55 PM

Great reel!
The Nike ID piece is very well done
And that play piece is great...
I forgot that that was you...

(I agree about the pop-ups though... Hate to have to turn that off...)

Good luck with the move to NYC
lots of great shops to freelance at...

B

#30 Guest_atslopes_*

Guest_atslopes_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:01 PM

Ted is on a role, every piece he produces in magnificent. :)
Im definetly digging the nike id piece, wow i cant believe
you thought of that amazing. :) :H :H :H

#31 Guest_christianchoice_*

Guest_christianchoice_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:39 PM

wonderful work ted....

you've made us all very proud :). I hope things work out well for you in the big apple; just don't forget aboust us little peoples!

#32 Guest_vivode_*

Guest_vivode_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:28 PM

Great new reel man, glad to see your going to join us here in nyc.

#33 Guest_turtlewax_*

Guest_turtlewax_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:53 AM

serious animation skillz

#34 Guest_Hubzy_*

Guest_Hubzy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:43 PM

Eh, I'm not really diggin much on your so-called "reel" or your site for that matter.

Not my cup of tea.

Thats actually total bullshit. Ted your reel is incredible and I really like the music.

#35 Guest_Tread_*

Guest_Tread_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:09 PM

thanks hubz...

remember...

))>----<((

4ever

#36 Guest_scott frizzle_*

Guest_scott frizzle_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:15 PM

Nice work Ted!

I like the site design.

Personally I'm not a big fan of sites that put an extra "enter" page between you and the main part of the site. I think it's a good idea to get people to you work right off the bat.

I have to agree that you should not require people to disable pop up blocking for a couple reasons. First, people are lazy. If even 10% of people don't bother to do this, you're losing work. Second, a decent percentage of people don't know how to do this or are too scared to try. Again, potential loss of work.

Same deal on the h.264. It's pretty, but you're eliminating a certain number of people from seeing your reel. If someone on this forum couldn't see it, that means a whole bunch of non tech savvy people will not be able to see it.

I think the load time for the reel is a bit long. Obviously this is a direct trade off with quality, but I think people should be seeing video almost right away. Every second somone has to wait the odds go up that they're going to blow you off. If you have Sorenson Squeeze or Cleaner, you can achieve similar quality with a Sorenson compressed movie that's going to be way more compatible and will start playing faster.

I like the music. It's off the beaten path; it differentiates you. It is a little neutral with the visuals, but I wasn't put off by that. It's still in my damned head, so I guess that's a good thing too.

The work looks great; nice variety and good selection.

There's my 2. Good luck with the NY move!

#37 Guest_tdog54_*

Guest_tdog54_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:30 PM

Ted good work man. Fantastic. I agree with Scott about your popups and .h264 Maybe make it an option to use instead of forcing it. At least for your reel. And I like the music too. Not at first but it grew on me and i enjoyed it. Also great website.

Keep us up to date on your NYC journey!

Later

#38 Guest_lburger_*

Guest_lburger_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:28 PM

Same deal on the h.264.  It's pretty, but you're eliminating a certain number of people from seeing your reel.  If someone on this forum couldn't see it, that means a whole bunch of non tech savvy people will not be able to see it.

View Post

Tread

I thought I would give you my perspective on this as well, from another viewpoint. I often have to hire mographers/designers/production teams/etc...

During this process, I will need to forward work to others in my company for feedback and approval. They are usually NOT tech savy. If it's not viewable to them "as is", it's usually S*** out of luck. Same goes for me. I couldn't view some of your work, and I don't have the time right now to fix that.

This is an awesome board, but everyone here should also always remember it's not representative of the real world (thankfully). If some can't view it here, you'll be in for real trouble I think.

Hope this helps give something to think about.

BTW - Great work, nice site, great song in reel.

Good luck in NYC! You share a lot here and it's appreciated.

#39 Guest_Chinaski_*

Guest_Chinaski_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2006 - 01:36 AM

Great work, Tread! Your stuff keeps getting better and better.

I think this definitely deserves more than a 1 rating.

#40 Guest_Tread_*

Guest_Tread_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:13 PM

thanks chinaski, appreciate the compliment.

As for the pop-ups, truth is, the only think pop-up blocking blocks is the hyperlinks in the description fields of the projects. Everything else works fine. Like if you click on a movie to watch it, it won't get blocked, or the direct link to the reel off the main page. Everything seems to not get blocked at all in IE and firefox, it's safari that does it. Just one of those things.

so deal with it!!! :D

thanks for all the comments everyone.

Ted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users