Now Hiring in Portland

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Rothermel_*

Guest_Rothermel_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:14 AM

Laika Animation studios, which used to be Will Vintons studio is hiring a crapload of people. Seems like theyre dumping alot of money into all their projects. Theres some pretty awesome animations coming out of that place. They also have a motion graphics department and it looks like they farm out work all over the world.

Ryan

#2 Guest_Dr. Jim_*

Guest_Dr. Jim_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:33 AM

Interesting for sure. Although I see no design or mograph positions listed. Shame.

#3 Guest_Sao_Bento_*

Guest_Sao_Bento_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:21 PM

Phil Knight (Nike founder) took over a little while back. Apparently, he's funding it out of his pocket. There was a good article about it in Wired or something.

#4 Guest_JMSDigital_*

Guest_JMSDigital_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:11 PM

Phil Knight (Nike founder) took over a little while back. Apparently, he's funding it out of his pocket. There was a good article about it in Wired or something.

wasn't it something of a hostile takeover like vinton got pushed out? not 100% but I thought i read something about that.

#5 Guest_Sao_Bento_*

Guest_Sao_Bento_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:58 PM

wasn't it something of a hostile takeover like vinton got pushed out? not 100% but I thought i read something about that.

He was initially a silent investor (Knight), but WV kept asking for more money, having spent the previous investment and having nothing to show for it. I think at about the 4M mark, Phil decided to take a more "active" role in the company. Now his plan is to be the next Steve Jobs/Pixar.

#6 Guest_atslopes_*

Guest_atslopes_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:35 PM

does this mean we are going to be seing more nike animations? im curious why is phil intrested in the mograph industry when he has the footwear industry on smash. nike +mograph=? could be a good combination. :)

#7 Guest_carniceria_*

Guest_carniceria_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:52 PM

Nah, all our jobs'll get sent to mexico and Nike air mograph will be born.

#8 Guest_jeickholt_*

Guest_jeickholt_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:33 PM

I hear they are making a feature. Think Henery Selick is involved. and yeah it was in wired a few months back.

Edited by jeickholt, 31 March 2006 - 10:34 PM.

#9 Guest_Rothermel_*

Guest_Rothermel_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:02 AM

does this mean we are going to be seing more nike animations? im curious why is phil intrested in the mograph industry when he has the footwear industry on smash. nike +mograph=? could be a good combination. :)

its because his son worked at vintons studio, and now heads up laika.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users