Sign in to follow this  
Mike D

Final Logo Design

a little off topic, but this below is the best logo i have ever seen. i first saw it years ago on a company van and was amazed at how it conveys instantly and concisely, while looking timeless and aesthetically solid... though it made more sense when the company was called "mcmillan electric". i believe they changed the name a few years ago because they probberz make more money doing data cabling type stuff.

splsh_lft.jpg

Edited by jaan

WOW ---

I ask for feedback about a logo that was designed for me then everyone goes crazy. I didn't know I had to explain every detail to get feedback on design work. Sorry for making you feel "dirty".

This is a weird thread. As a matter of fact, i just came to the conclusion that it makes a lot of sense for clients to get online feedback on the work they are getting done. More sense then designers getting feedback, as they are supposed to be the experts.

The point is.. why are you asking us for advice if you have no intention of listening?

WOW ---

I ask for feedback about a logo that was designed for me then everyone goes crazy. I didn't know I had to explain every detail to get feedback on design work. Sorry for making you feel "dirty".

I think "parallax" explained it well. Why does it bother you so much, its a design forum. I had someone else do the logo for a fresh set of eyes. I do listen, thats why I'm here. I just haven't figured out my next move. So, chill out.

Parallax, don't you think it would be weird if you designed something, then your client went to mograph, got a bunch of feedback, then came back to you with the feedback and had you redesign it? I think it's a bit strange....

Edited by mete_shop

It's a matter of ethics in my opinion. You should be able to trust that the designer you hired is delivering what you want. My guess is that you probably aren't sure what you want or know what is deemed as "good design", in which case you, again, need to trust your designer. I don't see mograph as a platform for clientele to come and have the work they paid to have done- be critiqued by the individuals that frequent the board. Our advice is intended to help designers, not give our input to clients to then relay to their designers. I'm not very articulate this evening but I'm sure there is someone willing to elaborate on this.

I just thought it was ok to get feedback reguardless of being the client or the designer. Id rather get feedback from other designers than random non designers. I wasn't try to lie or act like I was the designer, just wanted feedback, which I got. I wasn't looking to offend anyone.

No need to storm off and delete the thread.

Sounds like a healthy debate to me. A debate in which we could both learn quite a bit.

I see where you're coming from Mike D, and please don't think we're all a bunch of assholes. We're all just really accustomed to similar threads where we critique each other's work. THAT'S what this forum is for. We all thought it was another one of those threads until you non-chalantly mentioned it wasn't your design. I just know that if I was the designer, I'd be insulted seeing people criticize my work (whether helpful or not) if I personally didn't ask for the criticism, and quite honestly, I probably wouldn't work with you again based solely on that one incident.

Alot of what keeps this board active is the fact that we can come here to get away from the clients and talk to like-minded people that have the same client woes. Clients really only come here to add to the Jobs forum, but if they want to add to the rest of mograph in a constructive manner we're more than happy to have them. That being said, when one infiltrates the rest of the site and asks us to critique someone else's work, we take exception.

Don't take this as me ripping into you, I'm really just trying to show you our perspective on this. It's pitting designers against each other, when really, if YOU'RE happy with the product he gave you, then he did his job perfectly. I hope I'm explaining this in a way you understand.

Until the actual designer comes on here and asks for it, my official critique of his design is "It's great!"

Understood

The designer knew I posted the logo around for feedback. Its not that I dont like the design, I wanted to know what others thought (designers). I was second guessing my final product, my designer knows that. I hope this makes everything clear.

Anyone want to do a redesign for the logo ? haha

Yes.. I'd love to.. Especially so you can go post it on another forum and try to get feedback after I followed your direction from the get-go.

Sounds like a blast.

Anyone want to do a redesign for the logo ? haha

I was making a joke --- please delete this whole thing --- I think its gone too far.

I had no idea this was such an issue, I know now.

I wont post anything on this forum again

Thanks

Edited by Mike D

haha.. now i feel bad :(

I was making a joke --- please delete this whole thing --- I think its gone too far.

I had no idea this was such an issue, I know now.

I wont post anything on this forum again

Thanks