Sign in to follow this  
da nny

Coke bottle

Am modelling a coke bottle in C4D bt am stuck with the coke liquid.I have applied a texture aroung the bottle but thats not getting me as close to what i want.Anyone know of a way to create the liquid in the bottle and add droplets of water on the bottle?

Guest Sao_bento

Am modelling a coke bottle in C4D bt am stuck with the coke liquid.I have applied a texture aroung the bottle but thats not getting me as close to what i want.Anyone know of a way to create the liquid in the bottle and add droplets of water on the bottle?

Realflow.

A Mograph Cloner set to "object" and a Random Effector might be a good way to start with the water droplets.

Alternately, Renato's "Mesh Deformer" or "FusionThing" would also let you precisely place droplets of condensation on the outside of the bottle.

- lathe the bottle using a spline

- make a slightly larger copy of the inside of the spline/bottle and lathe for the liquid. The idea is to have the liquid slightly larger than the glass wall to avoid raytracing/coplanar face problems.

- make a refracting and reflecting (fresnel) glass shader for both lathed objects.

- create a particle system for the droplets and fizz (whole other chapter)

actually im assuming there are a bunch of tutes for this sort of thing out there in google land?

Thanks guys.will try out your suggestions and update.As for tutes i tried looking 4 stuff online bt all i cud get was one in blender.It did'nt go very much into the details of the condensation bt the results of the bottle were'nt so bad.

Realflow.

A Mograph Cloner set to "object" and a Random Effector might be a good way to start with the water droplets.

Alternately, Renato's "Mesh Deformer" or "FusionThing" would also let you precisely place droplets of condensation on the outside of the bottle.

Realflow, realflow, realfow.

Has everyone given up on rendering water? Sure realflow is really pretty but people start shouting out it's name when it's not even needed.

- If your product isn't moving you could do it with a texture

- If your product is moving but not pouring you could still get away with an animated texture

- If you need pouring you need to be inventive or you need $3k to buy Realflow

It's a pity some of the new c4d guys weren't around when Peranders was in the peak of his experiments. I'm pretty sure he had examples of both TP liquids and condensation... probably all done in v7 or 8 (no longer there).

Whatever your liquid situation I would definitely use some sort of TP/MoGraph solution for the droplets.

-m

Guest Sao_bento

Realflow, realflow, realfow.

Has everyone given up on rendering water? Sure realflow is really pretty but people start shouting out it's name when it's not even needed.

- If your product isn't moving you could do it with a texture

- If your product is moving but not pouring you could still get away with an animated texture

- If you need pouring you need to be inventive or you need $3k to buy Realflow

It's a pity some of the new c4d guys weren't around when Peranders was in the peak of his experiments. I'm pretty sure he had examples of both TP liquids and condensation... probably all done in v7 or 8 (no longer there).

Whatever your liquid situation I would definitely use some sort of TP/MoGraph solution for the droplets.

-m

Not having liquid dynamics is like being Vittorio Storaro with a Canon Elph. What's the point of doing stuff that doesn't move? Print is dead.

http://www.jeremyw.com/C4D_Stuff/drips.html

Also, regarding PerAnders TP version, it's still on his site but it's dang hard to find.

-First, go here:

http://www.peranders.com/tutorials/

-Then click on 'Home' (left side of screen)

-Then, in the search field (lower right) type 'dew'

-From the results, pick the top choice

Edited by Tiziano

http://www.jeremyw.com/C4D_Stuff/drips.html

Also, regarding PerAnders TP version, it's still on his site but it's dang hard to find.

-First, go here:

http://www.peranders.com/tutorials/

-Then click on 'Home' (left side of screen)

-Then, in the search field (lower right) type 'dew'

-From the results, pick the top choice

PerAnders drips look really cool.Thanks

Not having liquid dynamics is like being Vittorio Storaro with a Canon Elph. What's the point of doing stuff that doesn't move? Print is dead.

I know your being a little tongue and cheek. ;)

I just wanted to remind the crowd there fluid animations were being created many years before fluid animating software was developed. Dare I say, even before computers. I'd hate for mograph.net to give up like cgtalk. On the whole that crowd is convinced that fluid animations == fluid simulations.

Glad to see Peranders work is still up. He has a wealth of c4d knowledge, especially on the technical side of things.

-m

Edited by the_Monkey

On the whole that crowd is convinced that fluid animations == fluid simulations.

I wouldn't take it so far. I was "that crowd" for a while, and fairly quickly I learned from the buzz (even before trying anything myself) that fluid simulations should only be used as a very last resort, owing to fantastic render times, impossibly long tweak cycles, and software cost. Most cgtalkers I know would work long and hard with particle blobs before they give up and take the realflow route.

Here's one of my favorite tutorials for simulating water surface (no pouring). It's XSI but should be fairly portable as it uses not much more than standard perlin noise, specularity control and displacement.

- AA