Sign in to follow this  
dpearl35

Removing Dirt, Dust, and a FLY in AE

So yeah, a little of a newbie. I tried fixing the footage in Photoshop, but I had color shift problems. How would you suggest going about removing a fly that is flying around my shot?

Thanks,

Dustin

I would love to use the clone tool, but can't get it to function right...

hate to say it but use the clone tool and clean plates/frames. ae is average at dustbusting anyway, alot of shops use combustion or leftover commotion licenses purely for this

yep - clone.

was reading up on a technique in Mark Christiansiens book "After Effects 7 studio techniques" for grain averaging which would work a treat for ya (if its a locked off shot with no camera movement)

erm - requires expressions so I guess you are stuck with clone.

yep - clone.

was reading up on a technique in Mark Christiansiens book "After Effects 7 studio techniques" for grain averaging which would work a treat for ya (if its a locked off shot with no camera movement)

erm - requires expressions so I guess you are stuck with clone.

Yeah, i wish there was no cam movement and action, but there is both...this damn fly is buzzing around my shot!

clone with a small slightly soft brush I reckon. It may sound a pain, but actually you don't need to be terribly precious about it, as a slight blemish on each frame probably won't be that visible at 25 or 30 frames per second. Set duration to "single frame" and you can probably set the mode to "lighten" if the fly is black.