Sign in to follow this  
flow

very coorperate presentation

i need to redesign a powerpoint presentation for an insurance company. they wanted something "fresh". so i did some artsy fartsy designs but unfortunately they were not happy with the result. now i am at the point where i don't know what to do. anybody knows something coorperate but still fresh and beautiful for inspiration?

would appreciate it!

cheeeeers

flow

i need to redesign a powerpoint presentation for an insurance company. they wanted something "fresh". so i did some artsy fartsy designs but unfortunately they were not happy with the result. now i am at the point where i don't know what to do. anybody knows something coorperate but still fresh and beautiful for inspiration?

would appreciate it!

cheeeeers

flow

When it is time for me to think corporate I go out and get a CA annual with some good annual report designs in it. That is usually the looks they are going for. Remember what is "fresh" to them is not fresh to you. We spend day in and day out looking at cutting edge work, they don't. They poke their head into the world of design like once a year so be gentle with them. ;P

I once had s site bookmarked for a studio that specialized in annuals, I will PM you if I can dig it up.

Every corporate video I've worked on has 3d strokes, 3d roads, spinning globes and stock imagery. Per their request, not mine. I just assume that is what "fresh" means to people who wear suits.

totally agree with you ... my designs were going in that direction. thats why i'm looking for inspiration

thx anyway

When it is time for me to think corporate I go out and get a CA annual with some good annual report designs in it. That is usually the looks they are going for. Remember what is "fresh" to them is not fresh to you. We spend day in and day out looking at cutting edge work, they don't. They poke their head into the world of design like once a year so be gentle with them. ;P

I once had s site bookmarked for a studio that specialized in annuals, I will PM you if I can dig it up.

great! thanks!

Every corporate video I've worked on has 3d strokes, 3d roads, spinning globes and stock imagery. Per their request, not mine. I just assume that is what "fresh" means to people who wear suits.

I had to laugh at how true this statement is. Everyone wants a spinning globe.

If it's static PPT then perhaps consider taking some inspiration from the Web 2.0, trendy, "in", styles. Glossy button things. Drop shadows. Reflections. That sort of thing.

Apple.com, anyone?

Guest Sao_Bento

Green marble background, Golden gradient filled Garamond font - works every time for insurance companies, law firms, and funeral homes - they'll love it.

I met some powerful Wall Street CEO lady at a dinner party. We got to talking and when I told her what I did she lit up and said she was desperately looking for someone who could make something like the animations in Stranger Than Fiction for a "very important presentation". I told that kind of quality work was expensive and she shot me a look like "oh that's cute... you think something's expensive".

From what I gathered even business people are tired of powerpoint.

-m

Edited by the_Monkey

I met some powerful Wall Street CEO lady at a dinner party. We got to talking and when I told her what I did she lit up and said she was desperately looking for someone who could make something like the animations in Stranger Than Fiction for a "very important presentation". I told that kind of quality work was expensive and she shot me a look like "oh that's cute... you think something's expensive".

From what I gathered even business people are tired of powerpoint.

-m

Agree. I've worked on some major presentations for a Bank recently and we were embedding 3D animation and video into the powerpoint slides. Probably not the best way to present moving images but it's a step up from static slides.

As for corporate style - I tend to go for a 'TV News' look, rather like the BBC opener. Abstract shapes, stylized globes, curved flowing lines etc... Looks modern, familiar and the clients love it.