Sign in to follow this  
lumaform

Adobe Photoshop (Web Based)

just seems like a thing for bloggers that need to crop their point and shoot photos...otherwise you'd be better off with GIMP if you can't afford the PS

Edited by 7twelve

guy's ... imo this is a very innovative invention ... on the other hand it scares the shit out of me ... obviously this is going to be the future ... web based applications can be very useful but we give away control, rights and much more. this is a huge step towards corporate controled internet. imagine you store all your work at adobe servers where you also have to pay for. i wouldn't feel comfortable.

also it's not going to be easy to obtain applications illegally in the future. and come on guys, this is an important resource for learning and testing before buying.

ok this all is far away (not too far though) but we should be aware of that!

just my 2 cents

... obviously this is going to be the future ...

Of course it's the future.....it's not a huge stretch of the imagination to see where this is heading and the obvious downside for the customer and the huge benefits for the companies.

You could easily imagine, say for example, not having a local version of Maya on your machine but instead a subscription to the Autodesk site where the app, your projects, content and your personal preferences would reside and you would do all your work over the net. You would then be able to (for an added cost) use their render farm to do all the boring stuff etc.

It could get hairy when you don't renew your subscription and they have all your files......

Also this all obviously relies on blazing laser style internet connections.....but it's only a matter of time. It will probably alienate people in certain countries, regions or states with less developed infrastructure.

It's certainly an interesting idea....

I wouldn't get all that worried about it. I don't think this will happen anytime soon for the Pro versions of software, if ever. The customer isn't interested in it at all. If you would read some of the NDAs I have had to sign, you would realize that there is no way in hell that project is going to be worked on by any web based app - let alone stored on someone else's server. Never. Ever. No.

Think of the logistics - the strain of the networks. You think things take forever to render now, just wait till their servers are involved. It just doesn't make any sense. Its born out of greed and the misconception that most of the people that have pirated copies of their programs would buy it if it was harder to steal. They might get 5% of those customers if they are lucky. Probably less. Its a stupid idea for serious work and large scale projects. If and when they try to shove it down our throats, it will be a mistake bigger than Vista x 10. No one will upgrade, profits will tumble and they will cave to the market place or go away forever.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can do without another version of Photoshop. CS3 is fine.

I wouldn't get all that worried about it. I don't think this will happen anytime soon for the Pro versions of software, if ever. The customer isn't interested in it at all. If you would read some of the NDAs I have had to sign, you would realize that there is no way in hell that project is going to be worked on by any web based app - let alone stored on someone else's server. Never. Ever. No.

Think of the logistics - the strain of the networks. You think things take forever to render now, just wait till their servers are involved. It just doesn't make any sense. Its born out of greed and the misconception that most of the people that have pirated copies of their programs would buy it if it was harder to steal. They might get 5% of those customers if they are lucky. Probably less. Its a stupid idea for serious work and large scale projects. If and when they try to shove it down our throats, it will be a mistake bigger than Vista x 10. No one will upgrade, profits will tumble and they will cave to the market place or go away forever.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can do without another version of Photoshop. CS3 is fine.

True, true

Guest Sao_Bento

Just wait until you see their special new "wedding photo tool". It's implemented as a plug-in, so it behaves unpredictably and interrupts your workflow, but when you see it you'll be begging to get rid of your precious CS3. Did I mention the Wedding Photo Web tool? . . .

Just wait until you see their special new "wedding photo tool". It's implemented as a plug-in, so it behaves unpredictably and interrupts your workflow, but when you see it you'll be begging to get rid of your precious CS3. Did I mention the Wedding Photo Web tool? . . .

oh, that does sound enticing.