Sign in to follow this  
casko

How to do this effect?

I might be wrong but it looks like the footage of the subject floating in the air is all still photography. You can see the arms and hands move slightly a few times, puppet tool style. The camera never rotates around the subject it only pans, tracks, or tilts. Simple concept with careful execution.

Lots of prep-work, like Albert said— it look's to be still photography and a whole bunch of well executed compositing.

Probably start with cutting up your photo's into sets of about 5+ pieces in Photoshop, cutting closest > farthest from camera. Then you'd probably retouch the cutouts, using the clone + patch tool's to make it look as much like the original image as possible.. that's how'd i'd start at least..

Yea'll I'l third that. Just still photos in 3D space. In one of the first shots, the AE cam got so close you could see the human tilt a little bit from the orient-to-camera setting. The Particular dust helps the feel of the 3D space quite a bit.

well done. definitely cut outs with a little puppet tool. Vanishing Point in Pshop may have been used also to add depth to the floor and walls. and the lens flares help mask any subtle imperfections. But it looks dope overall.

thats a terrific effect and a nice piece. Just goes to show you how simple tools are capable of so much when people push them just a bit further than most.

If I had made this I probably would have slapped the dudes on one layer each and had a crappy looking cardboard cutout.

I'm going to re-enforce the fact it's just photos + puppet tool. About 3/4 through you can see his left hand bend backwards a bit, this would be pretty impossible for a human with normal bone structure to do. This video is amazingly done, great job!

The dust particle effect seems to be a well kept trade secret. I've been searching for hours on several websites and can not find a tutorial that clearly demonstrates what a person needs to do in order to achieve a great, realistic, dust / dirt particle effect.

If anyone can point to a good tutorial I world be very grateful

well done. definitely cut outs with a little puppet tool. Vanishing Point in Pshop may have been used also to add depth to the floor and walls. and the lens flares help mask any subtle imperfections. But it looks dope overall.

I'd say you're spot on with that.

The dust particle effect seems to be a well kept trade secret. I've been searching for hours on several websites and can not find a tutorial that clearly demonstrates what a person needs to do in order to achieve a great, realistic, dust / dirt particle effect.

If anyone can point to a good tutorial I world be very grateful

Particular dust is one of the easiest things to do so I think it's less of a secret as much as too simple to post.

Use the fuzzy sphere preset for the particle. Turn on air turbulence and mess around with size and turbulent settings till it feels right.

Guest Sao_Bento
Particular dust is one of the easiest things to do so I think it's less of a secret as much as too simple to post.

Use the fuzzy sphere preset for the particle. Turn on air turbulence and mess around with size and turbulent settings till it feels right.

I nominate JusRep for best dust particles at the beginning of a reel.

http://www.jusrep.com