Sign in to follow this  
silatix

economy in crisis..

That's cause there's nobody left there. Will Smith never had anything stolen in post apocalyptic NYC, either. But you do have to worry about the roving packs of feral dog-men, obliterating all in their path. And the radioactive tornadoes, 20 miles across.

to your point . . .

http://gothamist.com/2009/06/19/hawk_bird_...meal_at_eas.php

I tend to wear blank t-shirts and just imagine what I'd screen print on them (saves a fortune and it never goes out of style).

Today's said:

"Fire Congress.

Audit the Fed."

-m

Edited by the_Monkey

That sounds awfully Ron-Paul-ian. Don't forget to accessorize with your tinfoil hat.

Cf

You're right! That dude's just plain crazy! Holding the government responsible for its actions. Bah!

Who's side are you on again? I always forget. I'm starting to think you're a Turing test.

-m

You're right! That dude's just plain crazy! Holding the government responsible for its actions. Bah!

Oh, I'm with you there. He just brings a lot of other things I don't agree with to the table.

Cf

I'm starting to think you're a Turing test.

If Clint is an AI, then we have *much* larger issues than Skynet looming...

--------------------

I oppose motorcycle ridin', Fox News-regurgitatin', gun totin', fascist wannabes - even if they're corn-fed white males. What kind of Enlightenment™ and Reasonable Discussion™ can you expect from an American Redneck who is one step removed from the trailer park?

Government Motors was officially born today. Get your popcorn, spree, and extra large Mt. Dew. On one hand, they've eliminated their debt, and they have strong sales in China. On the other hand, they still have the UAW, declining US market share, and a major public perception problem.

One of their greatest successes, the Camaro, has come in the midst of all this turmoil, and while it's easy for GM to point to the Camaro and say "Look we made a car people will buy! We are still a good car maker, probably!" They've got to have that sort of success in a mainstream segment to turn their market share around. But how much market share is there really to be gained at this point? Not much, there's competition that didn't exist 20 years ago. GM can't change that.

I think the best GM can hope for is to stop their decline, and they would have to put out some great products to even reach that goal. I think further decline is the most likely outcome. They're not going to hit a home run with every new car, and the competition will continue to out-innovate GM in one way or another.

Guest Sao_Bento
Government Motors was officially born today. Get your popcorn, spree, and extra large Mt. Dew. On one hand, they've eliminated their debt, and they have strong sales in China. On the other hand, they still have the UAW, declining US market share, and a major public perception problem.

One of their greatest successes, the Camaro, has come in the midst of all this turmoil, and while it's easy for GM to point to the Camaro and say "Look we made a car people will buy! We are still a good car maker, probably!" They've got to have that sort of success in a mainstream segment to turn their market share around. But how much market share is there really to be gained at this point? Not much, there's competition that didn't exist 20 years ago. GM can't change that.

I think the best GM can hope for is to stop their decline, and they would have to put out some great products to even reach that goal. I think further decline is the most likely outcome. They're not going to hit a home run with every new car, and the competition will continue to out-innovate GM in one way or another.

I think the best we can hope for is for them to disappear as quickly as possible before they drag us down with them.

I think the best we can hope for is for them to disappear as quickly as possible before they drag us down with them.

I see myself driving a new Cadillac in the near future.

perfect metaphor for the diff between americans and the french... we have to pretend like we're doing something moral and philanthropic to justify doing something sexualz, while the frenchies be straight up like a paula abdul song.

Ford posts their first sales gain in 19 months. Meanwhile, government motors prepares to lay off another 7500 as they slip to 3rd.

Yeah...I always said I'd never buy (another) Ford...but the way things are going, that seems to be the only option for an American car. That is, of course, unless I want to buy an "import" that's assembled here. Whatever results in me having the best truck for the money.

Guest Sao_Bento

Yeah...I always said I'd never buy (another) Ford...but the way things are going, that seems to be the only option for an American car. That is, of course, unless I want to buy an "import" that's assembled here. Whatever results in me having the best truck for the money.

The Daily Show was mocking the Chrysler / Fiat thing by saying that it's clear that Chrysler needs leadership - the kind of leadership that can only come from a country that fought Ethiopia to a draw.

And to put that in a larger, historical perspective, if that had not been the case, and Haile Selassie did not attain his major military victory there, the Rastafari religion would have never began and spawned the dreadlocked Jamaican stereotype that would take hollywood by storm. Civilization as we know it would exist today without ever having known the character Jar-Jar Binks.

Civilization as we know it would exist today without ever having known the character Jar-Jar Binks

Who would've thought that Il Duce's loss in the heat of the desert would have spawned a) a hairstyle worn by trust fund hippies B) an excuse to sit around smokin' herb, and c) the most hated star wars character ever.

way to put it into perspective,and just when i thought history was boring :)

Edited by SP3KTR