Sign in to follow this  
casko

TV Animation

Hi, im doin' an animation for a tv program, but i think is kinda newbie... im just learning 3d (i use cinema4d) and i edited with after effects.

here is the animation:

So, what can i do to take this animation to the next level? i mean, for example, the background i think is kinda empty, but i dont know what can i do to make it better

any suggestions? tips?

thanks

My biggest problem currently is the particles, I would import your C4D camera and use that for the particles- right now they just float around in space and it doesn't quite look right. I would also use your own particles- you have Particular, learn it. Anyone in the mograph world recognizes those as TP presets.

I don't think the background is the problem here either, I think it's the negative space. Be concerned about how you're framing your shots and moving your camera, you're moving your camera for the sake of moving it, the camera movements should compliment the graphic better.

My biggest problem currently is the particles, I would import your C4D camera and use that for the particles- right now they just float around in space and it doesn't quite look right. I would also use your own particles- you have Particular, learn it. Anyone in the mograph world recognizes those as TP presets.

I don't think the background is the problem here either, I think it's the negative space. Be concerned about how you're framing your shots and moving your camera, you're moving your camera for the sake of moving it, the camera movements should compliment the graphic better.

about importing the c4d camera and use it with particles, i think is a good point, but i dont know how to do it, im newbie with cinema, could u give me some tips?

and about the camera movement, i think it sucks lol, i just moved manually the camera... its so complicated...

thanks for lookin' =)

I might be a hypocrite for saying this, but for this piece you should pick a moment in the music to time when those camera pauses take place. Those camera pauses should 'creep' just a little, but not slide as you have them, unless your camera is going to follow the particles that come out of the speakers. Most importantly, as the guy before me said, the pauses should be composed like photographs, so take into account the amount of whitespace around the objects, and (this is the tricky part for you here) make your camera moves between the objects as 'interesting' as possible. The camera moves can tell a story of their own - by revealing, hiding, chasing, zooming - but you've got to make the camerawork, well, work! Here you are trying to hard to always have something in shot, when your 3D objects aren't in a very interesting alignment. Think about how these intems relate to each other and then use the movement of the camera to explore those relationships=narrative!

That's my 2p worth - hope it helps!

I agree with what's been said above. I think one of the biggest problems is that at about 3 seconds in you've got a screen which basically shows you the entire scene. So then when you pull your camera in for close-ups we already know what they are... laptop, speaker, etc.. You tried making it "better" with particular. Never mind the particles or the arrangement of the elements - take a look at the laptop close up shot - I think that by itself kinda works. But because of the poor cam moves and strange 3d space the overall piece lacks and that frame doesn't stand out as being nice to look at. Try and self edit as much you can. Pick apart your cam moves, 3d space and design, framing, speed, etc.. Watch films and think about what the camera is doing, study how it moves.. then apply what you learn to after effects, cinema etc..