Sign in to follow this  
boy.finley

Peter Jeffs. 2008 showreel.

Hello there mograph.net. Recently I've followed the great migratory call to Olde London and now that the Summer has run out I figure I better get back down to work & hoard some nuts before Winter.

You'll find my reel at subantipodean.net or via direct download 400px. 14MB. 640px. 30MB.

This is my first show reel in two years so really looking forward to receiving some feedback + hope to chat to some Londoner's to find out more about the scene.

Thanks,

Pete.

Hey Pete,

Good looking stuff. Very nice!

My only critique is that I definitely don't like the lower third bar thats giving the stats on each project. I found it very distracting. You basically spell out what you did on each project in your resume section so I think its sorta overkill to have it in the reel anyways. I'd either get rid of it, or push it to the very bottom and keep the text static.

Hope that helps, Good luck in London!

Very nice reel but that l3rd bar has got to go! If you must have atleast keep at the bottom so its not overlapping anything. Not that it'll prohibit you from getting any work though.. Solid reel.

Thanks everyone. To be completely honest, I dislike the strap as well, but have been told by a couple of producers that they prefer to have the info immediately available to them. However I'm definately open to further discussion on that matter, if the showreel is intended to find me work is it worth retaining it or is that information better relayed through text on the site and through interview questions if they're asked?

As for Professor Ratbaggy (assuming the name comes from the Paul Kelly album?) : I left Australia in March this year & have been travelling since, not a bad deal really. But now that the London is greying over while the Australian spring rises I have to question the intelligence of the move..

im curiuos do you work in a studio? Becouse you did some work for the cartoon network. Thats american project. Did they contact you? Or something. Becouse im intersted in london and im curiuos how USA and UK collaborates.

Great reel, Peter! Very sharp work.

My only criticism is that I found the lower third overlay too distracting as well, mostly because it's positioned slightly above the bottom of the frame. To me it has an illusory effect of riding up into the action. If you're going to keep it in the reel, I'd suggest moving it down to align with the bottom, and making it semi-transparent. Though my personal preference is to just include a written shot breakdown, with thumbnails for reference.

im curiuos do you work in a studio? Becouse you did some work for the cartoon network. Thats american project. Did they contact you? Or something. Becouse im intersted in london and im curiuos how USA and UK collaborates.

Hey Exido, that Cartoon Network project was completed at Animal Logic in Australia for Cartoon Network USA & was eventually rolled out to the worldwide market (we were creating Asia specific spots as late as two years after the intial US launch). The market is extraordinarily globalised now, the clients with the money will head towards the best studios regardless of international borders.

Hey Exido, that Cartoon Network project was completed at Animal Logic in Australia for Cartoon Network USA & was eventually rolled out to the worldwide market (we were creating Asia specific spots as late as two years after the intial US launch). The market is extraordinarily globalised now, the clients with the money will head towards the best studios regardless of international borders.

Well i gues thats logical :D I mean who cares in which country the studio is, as long as you get the result you want :lol: And how is london. Does i get much projects:D Asking your opinion becouse you moved in recenty :D

Hey Peter,

great work dude... I really like your reel.

You will be fine in London

I am trying to set a mograph/animation meeting for the creative people in London. It will be tomorrow from 6:30pm.

Would be nice if you can pop in and meet more people.

DETAILS HERE