Sign in to follow this  
napsa

Another "how they dun it"

Hi guys, im new here, and also somewhat new to AE

Im trying to figure out how they did this, http://frame.dk/#/WORK/109 (it's towards the end where the text bends and reveals the price) how did they bend the text? i tried out every distort effect and havent achieved the wanted effect as of yet. Also how did they do the text reveal? looks like two layers delayed with some transparency/transition.

thanks in advance

Thanks

Blain: tried out cylinder but it makes it too "round" if you notice theirs har a certain curve.

Stoiqa: Im not following the arc spline :o, would you mind to elaborate?

Also if i wasnt clear im refering to all the text bending like a wall of text just before the price.

Ah had a an idea that you meant 3d but wasn't completely sure. Thanks for the quick render, i see where you are headed at, is that c4d?

But can this be done purely in after effects or maybe using illustrator to give the text a direction?

fartpilot! this is why the big 3 are suffering!

I haven't seen any plugin in AE that will give you this control. If you have CS4 maybe your could bend the type in your favorite 3d app and then bring it in as a 3d object? Assuming you had a good camera track of course.

Edited by monovich

But can this be done purely in after effects or maybe using illustrator to give the text a direction?

http://zaxwerks.com/3dwarps/index.shtml

played around with it a long time ago, got so-so results but then again i didn't really go too deep into it either.

could have sworn adobe had added a feature for layer bending in either AE CS3 or CS4, i thought i saw it on their webpage as a new feature (was for live type only)... or maybe it was just the crack talking

edit: the Adobe way was probably was what basilisk mentioned

Edited by superegophobia