Sign in to follow this  
Firebetty

Time Machine Errors

I have been having tons of trouble with Time Machine lately...Here's a topic I posted on Apple's Support site

TIME MACHINE ERROR

If anyone here has had the same problem with any positive results, PLEASE let me know.

thanks,

Firebetty :blink:

Edited by Firebetty

I have been having tons of trouble with Time Machine lately...Here's a topic I posted on Apple's Support site

TIME MACHINE ERROR

If anyone here has had the same problem with any positive results, PLEASE let me know.

thanks,

Firebetty :blink:

I bought a 1TB external to start using TM at xmas and haven't even been able to finish a complete initial backup yet. It gives an oh so useful 'time machine error, unable to complete backup' message, and the only button to click is 'ok'. Well it's not ok, actually, is it? lol. Tons of people having the same issue

I don't know why there are so many damn problems with this, surely of all the things this should be simple as it's suppose to pull you out the shit when things actually go wrong. Not cool apple

I'm just going to try again after the next update and hopefully some fixes will be made

I got it to work today - finally.

Only problem is I don't know if it was the firmware update that I installed today, the fact that I checked the "Shared Folder" button in the info window of the drive I'm backing up, or if it was the "repair disk" disk utility that I ran on the second partition of the drive I'm backing up that had a minor repair. Anyways, it's working for now...knock on shiny reflective plastic.