Sign in to follow this  
T.Blain

New Short Film

Hey I love your animation style. Did you use a 3d software to make the pumping heart or just ae? I love how the music fits the story. Very simple, yet has a nostalgic feel to it. I'm not 100% sure about the film scratches, but I guess I could live with that, it just seems like too much texture, in my humble opinion.

Thanks for the feedback. Everything was done in AE, I used the puppet tool for the heartbeat. I've gone back and forth with the intensity of the scratches. I like the effect, but yea, it can easily be overdone. I may need to revisit them, which is the great and terrible part of a personal project I guess, it's never final...

I like compression artefacts, I really do. The new Kanye video is wicked! I don't know how to do them, and back at uni I really wanted to, but David O'reilly not only beat me to it (again), he's now dissing people who use it indiscriminately. Fair point: http://www.davidoreilly.com/2009/02/datamoshing-is-so-over

As DO'R himself says, innovate or get the fuck out.

By the way, nice video, those clouds are gorgeous.

i like short film because i don't have enough time to watch high film. i only watch TV at weekend .i am very busy with my job

Although I knew Dark Knight was a long shot I was still surprised and more than a little bored by the nominations. I'll watch the awards as always and just hope Apatow and Leurman (two people whose works I really enjoy) can provide a some entertainment.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Iline, were you referring to the film scratches and other effects used to make it look like old film? Because if you thought there was any datamoshing, that is just my poor compression. Although scratches and datamoshing are really similar when you get down to it. Ive been using Quicktime's basic H264 export for web, and it really crunches up a file.