Sign in to follow this  
Exerminator

How do u create rain in cinema 4d? :O

Hi Guys,

I wanna make a company animation and the flow would be like this;

A dried out landscape, dead trees, harsh sun and the wind, suddenly sky gets gloomy and rain drops start to fall, soil gets wet....after few days a small seed begins to germinate, seed leaves appear and over the time develop into a big tree and the whole area gets covered in green vegetaion, and among these leaves the company logo appears.

Problem is, how do you create rain droplets in c4d? I thought of this, u get the emiter object, place it up the scene, tilt it a bit, add some bubble-like objects into it with a glass material....however since the scene is pretty huge, once I scale up the emitter object to cover the whole area and add objects into it, you cannot render the scene as low memory msg pops up.

I tried to fake the same by adding a light object scaled up like a rain droplet and colored like water, the same problem comes into play..

droughtd.jpg

By kelumpj

What should I do????

Thanks in advance.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Exerminator

start by thinking about how to create the illusion of rain, not actually creating a sky full of rain drops (simply not practical)

lots of planning and post work, compositing in footage, multiple passes, etc

"start by thinking about how to create the illusion of _____, not actually creating _____"

Somebody make this motherf*cker STICKY!

This single phrase could answer nearly 95% of all mograph posts.

:)

-m

Guest Sao_Bento

-m

:) :) :)

I like and use Particular, but would probably make rain manually, using somethig like beam for the particle, and loop, because this is faster for me, unless there is a preset.

Edited by tomcat

-m

To be a good magician you have to stop seeing like the sucker.

On a slight tangent I've heard about using the proximal shader with particles in C4d to create for example ripples on the surface of water as raindrops hit or splashes as the rain hits the ground. Can anyone demonstrate how to achieve this kind of setup?

On a slight tangent I've heard about using the proximal shader with particles in C4d to create for example ripples on the surface of water as raindrops hit or splashes as the rain hits the ground. Can anyone demonstrate how to achieve this kind of setup?

That method works, but it is pretty old.

There is actually a Ripple Shader in C4D's standard library which I would encourage you to take a look at on your own.

Help>Ripple Shader

-m