Sign in to follow this  
silatix

current tv reporters held hostage

I don't work there anymore - that's quite frightening, first I heard of this. Have worked with Laura a few times and she's a really fantastic person and I truly hope they stay safe. Sounds like NK posturing, hopefully that's all it is.

Guest Sao_Bento
I don't work there anymore - that's quite frightening, first I heard of this. Have worked with Laura a few times and she's a really fantastic person and I truly hope they stay safe. Sounds like NK posturing, hopefully that's all it is.

Laura is definitely cool. Hopefully this won't go on for too much longer. (maybe they could send in Kaj?)

Guest Sao_Bento
They should send in those 2 tools Max and Jason.

Sorry for the inside joke - Kaj used to be a Navy SEAL.

Guest Sao_Bento
Yikes.. I dont remember him mentioning that in the firearms thing they did recently.

It always shows when they go to Afghanistan or Iraq - the US military guys clearly treat him differently than they would other press.

Some of you may know these people and I certainly don't want to be a troll as I think the sentence is damn harsh but “If you play with fire you should expect to get burnt” and these girls sure as hell knew what they were playing with.... everyone knows North Korea is an angry, dangerous little dog.

It's also worth considering (for balance) that It could have been worse. They could have tried to illegally cross the border between Mexico and the US and perhaps received a “life” sentence from a US border patrol officer..... Incidents of Border Patrol use of force

If I was a US tax payer I'd also be a little pissed off at the expense it's gonna cost the country (monetarily and politically) to get those two out of there.....

It's worth thinking about....

Some of you may know these people and I certainly don't want to be a troll as I think the sentence is damn harsh but “If you play with fire you should expect to get burnt” and these girls sure as hell knew what they were playing with.... everyone knows North Korea is an angry, dangerous little dog.

It's also worth considering (for balance) that It could have been worse. They could have tried to illegally cross the border between Mexico and the US and perhaps received a “life” sentence from a US border patrol officer..... Incidents of Border Patrol use of force

If I was a US tax payer I'd also be a little pissed off at the expense it's gonna cost the country (monetarily and politically) to get those two out of there.....

you're a douche.

What you're saying is wrong on so many levels...

Even though its tough to accept I PARTIALLY agree w/ tiger...

You are grown adults.. not 4-5yr olds still learning what is right and what is wrong. You stick your hand in fire, you get burnt.. right? Its sad the situation they are in and my heart goes out to their family. The other part of me says "you asses.. wtf did you think was gonna happen if you "got caught" "? Why should "we" bail you out 'cause you fuked up? Its great and all to push the envelope, but be aware of the circumstances.

They KNEW(ok, had a good idea of) what would happen if they got caught.. It was a risk they were apparently willing to take.. They didnt "win".. therefore they lost... big...

Noone is helping me when I loose a plethora of money in the stock market.. Where is my "ohh.. i made a poor decision so gimme my money back" check? Exactly.....

I do feel bad for them tho.. Thats just the logical me speaking up there :)

Even though its tough to accept I PARTIALLY agree w/ tiger...

You are grown adults.. not 4-5yr olds still learning what is right and what is wrong. You stick your hand in fire, you get burnt.. right? Its sad the situation they are in and my heart goes out to their family. The other part of me says "you asses.. wtf did you think was gonna happen if you "got caught" "? Why should "we" bail you out 'cause you fuked up? Its great and all to push the envelope, but be aware of the circumstances.

They KNEW(ok, had a good idea of) what would happen if they got caught.. It was a risk they were apparently willing to take.. They didnt "win".. therefore they lost... big...

Noone is helping me when I loose a plethora of money in the stock market.. Where is my "ohh.. i made a poor decision so gimme my money back" check? Exactly.....

I do feel bad for them tho.. Thats just the logical me speaking up there :)

Being arrested for allegedly crossing the border and having a secret trial with no representation is hardly comparable to losing money on the stock market. Granted they knew what part of the world they were in, but, given North Korea's general craziness, who's to know if they crossed the border and what else might of happened. Unless you believe North Korea's state run media who has been the only conduit of "official" information at this point.

So to sum up, it's 99.999% the fault of the criminal, and .0001% the fault of the victims, but because people love being contrarians on the Internet, 2 out of 21 posts now fault the victims. Mathematically, just ballparking it, we shouldn't have gotten to Tiger and Kastro's 'they knew the risks' posts until sometime in 2017.

Guest Sao_Bento

Bullshit. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Bullshit. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Sao has spoken......... I stand corrected.

Thanks for the lively open debate... it was a blast..... Govinda, change that vote count to 1 of 22 posts fault the victims, Saos articulate rebuttal has convinced me.

Now lets get back to the good old status quo ante.

Edited by Tiger