Sign in to follow this  
cabecinha

Enhancing quality video in after effects!

Guest Sao_Bento
Hi there!

Does anyone know how you can improve the quality of a video done with a cellphone in after effects? I'm looking a way to this

http://www.vreveal.com/video_demos

but with only with the default effects of the after effect, at least the best it's possible, of course. Does anyone know some process to do that?

Thanks!

What I see in the examples you've cited are "Auto Levels" adjusting the contrast and some camera shake removal aka "stabilization" . Both of those are super-basic in AE. Check the manual.

What I see in the examples you've cited are "Auto Levels" adjusting the contrast and some camera shake removal aka "stabilization" . Both of those are super-basic in AE. Check the manual.

Yes that I know how to do! I'm looking also a way of removing the grain and the dust!

Guest Sao_Bento
Yes that I know how to do! I'm looking also a way of removing the grain and the dust!

Those are also functions of the basic AE effects plug-ins that come with the app - under "Noise & Grain".

I been looking at vreveal, it does a great job with compression artifacts, make the hi speed video of a casio f1 almost usable...Actually for some of my purposes actually usable , just can't export to any useful formats at the moment, wmv or uncompressed avi only...

Also runs on cuda, for those with funky gfx cards...I'm interested to see where it goes, could be quite a nice image restorer...

The web examples don't look like much more than AE histogram manipulation.

The old Composite Wizard filters had a great one for noise removal. I haven't needed it for a while, so don't know how the newer AE filter compares.

I been looking at vreveal, it does a great job with compression artifacts, make the hi speed video of a casio f1 almost usable...Actually for some of my purposes actually usable , just can't export to any useful formats at the moment, wmv or uncompressed avi only...

Also runs on cuda, for those with funky gfx cards...I'm interested to see where it goes, could be quite a nice image restorer...

Actually the demo vids, don't do it justice... It does temporal noise removal as well, it completely gets rid of the compression blocs and the key frame jumps that I was getting with the casio, flatish colours breath and show blocks normally, all smooth and peachy aftterwards...

I think its something to watch rather use right now...